Flower Market Bag by AnniesCraftStore.com

Lisa64

Question

I'm stuck and can't find any tutorial to get me through this step.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rnd 15:  Ch 2, fpdc dec in 3 sts [ch 5, sl st in next ch lp] twice, ch 5, fpdc dec in next 3 sts, [ch 5, sl st in next ch lp] twice, ch 5, fpdc dec in next 3 sts, ch 7, sl st in 3rd ch of next ch-7 lp, ch 7, sk 1 ch, sl st in next ch, *[ch 7, fpdc dec in next 3 sts, {ch 5, sl st in next ch lp} twice, ch 5] twice, fpdc dec in next 3 sts, ch 7, sl st in 3rd ch of next ch-7 lp, ch 7, sk 1 ch, sl st in next ch, rep from * around, ending with ch 3, tr in top of beg fpdc to position hook in center of last ch-7 lp. (12 fpdc dec, 12 ch lps)

Rnd 16: [Ch 7, sl st in next ch lp] 7 times, ch 7, sl st in 3rd ch of next ch-7 lp, ch 7 sk next ch, sl st in next ch, *[ch 7, sl st in next ch lp] 8 times, ch 7 sl st in 3rd ch of next ch-7 sp, ch 7, sk next ch, sl st in next ch, rep from * twice, ending with ch 3, tr in top of last tr of rnd 15 to position hook in center of last ch lp. (4o ch-7 lps)

I've underlined the part I can't figure out.  Any help would be so appreciated.

Edited by Lisa64

4 answers to this question

Hi, welcome to the 'ville!

https://www.anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=147238&cat_id=414  is this it  on the cover?  I looked at the projects on Ravelry and no one mentioned any pattern errors.

I can't imagine what 'bef' might have supposed to have been,  but it tells you the result - that you are to end up in a certain spot.  I would position myself in a way that goes along with the pattern, to end up in that spot - look at the photo to guide you.  

I looked for errata and didn't find any.  I have to say I cancelled my subscription to Crochet World several ago, (same parent company as Annies Attic), because the errata every month affected a good portion of the patterns and I got tired of winging my way through them.

Thank you Granny Square.   I'm sorry to say I made a typo in my post.  It is "beg" not "bef".  But I'm still stuck.  I appreciate your time and your advice.  I'll keep muddling thru to see if I can figure it out. So frustrated!  

Edited by Lisa64
typo

Oh duh, that makes more sense ( I was trying to think how 'before' would fit in there, which is the only word that I could think of starting with 'bef' that a pattern might use ).   And 'duh' again, because now I get it.

It is very common for a pattern that has a lot of chain spaces to end a round in the middle of a chain space, but you can't just stop 'in the air'.  Instead, you make x chains, then into the spot the chain space is to end in, make a real stitch--when you pull thru the last loop of the real stitch, you've connected the chain to the top of the real stitch you just made, and your hook has a real stitch (pretending to be chains) on the left side, and real chains on the right.  So in your pattern, the first 3 chains are the same length as the subsequent treble, and your hook is in in the middle of the chain loop.