Tiny Butterfly Earrings ( Added Golden ones )

Katchkan

I just finished these They are made with size 70 tatting thread. I used a size 14 hook. I like small earrings so decided to try my butterfly from my Butterfly bookmarker pattern and see what I would get with small thread. We photographed them next to a dime to give some perspective. I just did the butterfly and then glued them to a post. Voila ready to go. They worked up real quick.

Butterflyearrings1.jpg

Goldenbutterflies.jpg

These ard done in DMC metalic sewing thread.

gorgeous.......im not sure how big a dime is though LOL

Hi Bubblefizz

A dime is the same size as a 5p - when I first came to live in California I thought I was being given English coins in my change!

So these earings are really tiny, but oh so cute.

Butterflies and earrings. This is a MUST HAVE!!! Very cute. I love delicate things. These are definately delicate!!:manyheart

Someone mentioned making these in glittery thread, Well I got to thinking about trying the metalic thread. Heres the results. They are made with DMC metalic sewing thread. I used a size 14 hook. They actually turned out slightly larger than the ones made out of tatting thread. They really sparkle, and they seem to hold their shape better than the tatting thread. But the thread is a bit of a pain to work with as it really wants to split. Not my first choice to crochet with.

Goldenbutterflies.jpg

The butterflies are gorgeous Kathy!!! So dainty and petite looking! Perfect for a second set of holes! I had some gold butterflies that I wore for 2 years until I lost one in my sleep and stepped on it the next morning :( And I have tatting thread....I fear another project has been added to my list of to-dos!! :eek

• 2 years later...

Archived