Have 2 zipper style pullovers started for grandsons. Starting Houndstooth top down pullover sweater by Daisy Farms. Having to increase collar size to 64sts and then adjust the numbers. My initial ribbing neck collar measured 13 inches before closing. GS has a 20 inch circumference. Will measure again so the stretch can accommodate his head without pinching before closing the collar.  

Last night had to rip back to round 2 of griddle stitch because I missed a st anyway I found out when I closed the arms and things were off. RIP

Loving this stitch and sweater look enough that I may make myself one at some point depends on how good I feel. 

1D1B1775-1287-40AA-B5D0-D6F6CAC404A8.jpeg

• Like 2

I love them all but I LOVE the gnome towels.  I hadn't seen those!!!

The wreaths are cute, but I, too, love the gnome towels!

4 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Oh fun. 😊  Enjoy.

of course I had to browse while I was there and the bird ornament kit got me. 😝

I succumbed to temptation and ordered the gnome dishtowel kit. I couldn't believe how high the shipping was--10.99 from Herrschners. Looked around, same shipping through walmart and amazon. Then found it on ebay, sold by herrschers, with shipping 5.95. Strange!

Slow going with these sweaters. Frogged one I had planned on adding short zipper I chose a thicker yarn cause I liked the colors but didn’t like it as a sweater pullover. Working 3 now. 2 for 21+ month old and 1 for 4+ yo. The silver grey houndstooth will fit the older gs and I found a stash of washable merino wool I’m making for the younger one in the houndstooth pattern. It’ll be Christmas sweaters. 

6B67F898-2532-4802-B990-AACDF8BDC81D.jpeg

4 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I succumbed to temptation and ordered the gnome dishtowel kit. I couldn't believe how high the shipping was--10.99 from Herrschners. Looked around, same shipping through walmart and amazon. Then found it on ebay, sold by herrschers, with shipping 5.95. Strange!

Yes the shipping price has always been high at Herrschners.   Good for you on finding a ship bargain on eBay. I had no idea they did eBay??

Hope to see both of y’all’s cute gnome towels

Love the sweater.  It is so cute.

Yeah, I get so mad at the shipping, but I had 2 things I needed to order, so I had to pay.  I try and get stuff thru Amazon with the Prime shipping, but the price of the yarn is sooooo much more expensive.  

I am working on the gnome towels now.

Time to shut down for the night.

Mary Maxim is just as bad.  When I can I try to hold out for their shipping deals.  Since I've waited I usually have several items I've wanted.  However, if it is something you want to start they have you.  Herchnerrs is one of the few places I can still find the Bates Bamboo hooks and when they have shipping deals I've been known to stock pile some of the hooks that seem the house seems to eat now and again.

Thank you Mary Jo and Mona. I like the color in the zip sweater.  It’s a  Hobby Lobby yarn. I love this Yarn and so soft. I think the color will compliment the color in his eyes. 
(chambray blue)

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add

Finally got around getting real measurements. Need to add two inches to zipper sweater length. He’s wearing 24 months and the 2t width gives 5 inch ease in chest/body so he’ll be able to wear both his sweaters next winter.  The 4 yo similar. 

BB608733-6662-4EA0-866C-2EAEBF5ED9ED.jpeg

• Like 1

I left one ear unsewn but he is pulling on it now so will sew it too lol

Edited by NCcountrygal
Remove photo

Diana your grandson is SOOO CUTE!! :)

Yes, that sweater is nice too :)

Krys

The sweater looks great.  Your grandson is just adorable.

On 10/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the sweater.  It is so cute.

Yeah, I get so mad at the shipping, but I had 2 things I needed to order, so I had to pay.  I try and get stuff thru Amazon with the Prime shipping, but the price of the yarn is sooooo much more expensive.  

I am working on the gnome towels now.

Time to shut down for the night.

YES! usually price on yarn at Amazon is very bad!! :(.

I think it is that way almost with everything when it comes to craft items. Couple times I paid for ribbons about 3 times as much.  Usually some those seasonal ribbons will sell out fast in stores & on Line. That depends on how nice the design & color is of those ribbons.

Many of hose sellers on Amazon have a very good taste! :). They know what they need to stock-up on! and what ribbons probably will sell out way before Holidays. Than they can charge even 4 times as much PLUS whatever they want to charge for S&H..LOL. And people will buy that!!!. I know I did last year before Christmas.

They even buy some ribbons from Sam's (those big rolls) and selling them for a big profits on Amazon. Some people are making big money on those re-sales. BUT, only those who knows what they are doing!. Not anyone can make money on that. It would be very easy to buy a bunch of stuff (even on sale), put a LOT of money in to that and be stock with a bunch of stuff that kind of stuff that will not sell even at original price.  People are just not interest to buy that!.

The point is, you need to know WHAT you are doing to make money. It is like with any other new stores. Some will make it and do very well. BUT, most will go out of business in about year or two.

Krys

Edited by USpolishgirl

Every so often I get the Caron Pounders sold and shipped by Amazon at a really good price since I have prime shipping.  I have them in my wish list and only buy when the price drops.  Doesn't happen often but considering the cost of shipping if there is something you use frequently and the price and shipping tend to be high it is worth grabbing them when they have them on sale.  I do tend to keep kind of mental lists ready for shipping deals from the other stores as the cost of shipping can honestly wipe out the savings on the sale items.

I did venture out to Hobby Lobby this weekend and picked up a skein of cranberry I wanted.  I hadn't intended to stop but I was in the same mall and it was rather nice to be in a yarn store again.  I used to go out a least monthly even if I didn't buy much but since COVID I can count the number of times I've been out without much effort.  I've been ordering online.

I think Hobby Lobby is issuing coupons or discounts 40% off once a month on yarn and some other stuff.. All I know they rotating those items for that discount -coupon. Some week there is a 40% off on ribbons and few other things. And another week it is yarn & other stuff 40% off, another week it is silk flowers  and maybe flower pots and baskets.  Some people who are shopping at Hobby Lobby often they do know how that works with those 40% off discounts. They do know  ahead WHEN ( what week) that stuff they want to buy will get that discount. And they only go there & shop on those weeks.

I do not shop at Hobby Lobby very often. BUT those times when I went there the stuff I wanted to buy was never on sale.  Each time I was told by the cashier: "It will be 40% off next week"! LOL

Krys

I thought it was supposed to be 30% off yarn last week but cashier said not so even though tag by yarn said so.  Since I was only getting one skein I just used 40% off coupon for one item and it worked out better for me anyways  The app always has the coupons for the week so that worked.

Thank you all. He’s a cute fella but not cooperative with me getting a photo. Lol. Kept turning away. Got that sweater completed now. The other two I’m on the sleeves (so boring). 
My bird ornament kit should arrive today. No progress on finishing my other wips. 

11 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

I thought it was supposed to be 30% off yarn last week but cashier said not so even though tag by yarn said so.  Since I was only getting one skein I just used 40% off coupon for one item and it worked out better for me anyways  The app always has the coupons for the week so that worked.

They do make hard to figure it out what and when will be on sale LOL. All I know they rotating those sales every week for different "departments" - for different stuff.

Krys