Amigurmi yarn

MamaStephens

Hi, my name is Jan and I have been crocheting for quite a few years.  My daughter wants me to make her an Amigurmi Sheep.  I am having a hard time finding the right yarn.  The yarn suggested is from Turkey and really don’t want to pay shipping.  I am looking for suggestions that will work in place of Softy Alize yarn two strands.  I was thinking of a chenille/velvet type yarn that is multi colored will work with a 4 mm hook.  I was going to use Lion Brand Boucle two strands but could not find the loops on the hook.  Not sure if it is my skill level or my eye sight.  It seems that yarn is very hard to find right now.  Not sure where else to look and get good deals.  Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

Jan Stephens

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Depends on how big you want the sheep.  I have worked with the chenille yarn and not overly happy with it.  I had trouble seeing the loops.  Of course I do not have the best eye sight.  Do you want ww or DK?

Best place to get help is here.  https://forum.crochetville.com/forum/39-crochet-yarn/

When it comes to Amigurumi you can get a very good results with almost any plain yarn.  You just need to know what weight yarn you are looking for?.  MJ mentioned  that above. It is obvious that using thicker yarn will result to a bigger Amigurumi, thinner yarn -smaller size.

They have a very big selection of yarn at "Yarnspiration" and many other places... 

Krys

• 5 weeks later...