Annbell

Hello, My name is Ann and I live in California. I just started crocheting since we’ve been in quarantine. I’m really enjoying it!

I’m having a problem with getting my rows to come out even. Any help would be very welcome!

Posted (edited)

Hi Annbell, welcome to the 'ville!  This is the 'introduce yourself' section, you might get more 'helpers' reacting to your post if you put it in the 'help' section - at the top of the screen you  will see a 'home' button which will take you to where you can see all the sub-forums.

Meanwhile, this is a common beginner issue, sometimes it takes a while to recognize where to put the first and last stitch, so stitches get added or omitted when they shouldn't.  Do you have a way to post a photo or scan? (edit, so we can diagnose what's going on, but I agree with Tampa Doll about the stitch markers!)

Edited by Granny Square

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

What I did when I first started was put a stitch marker on the first and last stitch.  This way, you know where they are.  Once you get use to crocheting, you can stop using the markers, except for the first stitch when crocheting in the round.

Hello & Welcome!

Just practice, practice and more practice....:)

Krys

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville