Don't understand direction

Jaz

Question

following this video:

At 9:09 in the video she ties it off and cuts the yarn but then still has her yarn to continue working so I don't know what she cut, watching it it looks like she somehow suddenly has 2 pieces of yarn and I don't understand :I if anyone can help explain what happens in those few seconds i would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you

4 answers to this question

After she ties off , She says you want to make two exactly the same.  The one where she has yarn to continue working would be the second one.  

Edited by magiccrochetfan

2 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

After she ties off , She says you want to make two exactly the same.  The one where she has yarn to continue working would be the second one.  

Yeah the problem is I don't know what she means when she says I need to make two exactly the same?? Two of what??

Don't try to read too much into it--she means the goal is to make a total of 2 identical circles up to this point.  If you watch the video a bit  further you will see why--the second circle is the 'roof', and then you continue down to make the 'walls'.  I didn't go to the end, but presumably you will end with crocheting bottom and top together--you can see the seam around the bottom edge, the seam is made on the right side of the bed - this probably makes it it a little more stable and encourage it (a little) to stand up.

edited to clarify - the first circle is the floor.  The second circle is the roof and walls in 1 (eventually) inverted bowl-shaped piece, that you crochet onto the floor as the last step.

For written crochet patterns as well as videos, it is always a good idea to read (or watch) the whole pattern through to make sure you understand where it is headed--I've just been crocheting for decades and I still do this for most patterns.

Edited by Granny Square

On 8/2/2020 at 6:22 PM, Granny Square said:

Don't try to read too much into it--she means the goal is to make a total of 2 identical circles up to this point.  If you watch the video a bit  further you will see why--the second circle is the 'roof', and then you continue down to make the 'walls'.  I didn't go to the end, but presumably you will end with crocheting bottom and top together--you can see the seam around the bottom edge, the seam is made on the right side of the bed - this probably makes it it a little more stable and encourage it (a little) to stand up.

edited to clarify - the first circle is the floor.  The second circle is the roof and walls in 1 (eventually) inverted bowl-shaped piece, that you crochet onto the floor as the last step.

For written crochet patterns as well as videos, it is always a good idea to read (or watch) the whole pattern through to make sure you understand where it is headed--I've just been crocheting for decades and I still do this for most patterns.

Ohhh, I see!! Thank you so much, I was definitely reading too much into it! Ill make sure I watch the whole pattern next time 😅