Please help, im so frustrated

Question

Hi all, Im a beginner. Im trying to crochet a dress. I bought the pattern and found out it was really hard to understand. I felt so frustrated, please help me to unpack this 😭 This is what it said in the pattern

”Chain 27
Hdc into the 3rd chain from the hook. Hdc into each chain. Turn your work.
Ch 1, sc into the next 4 stitches, "ch 1, skip 2 stitches, sc into the next space, ch 1, skip 2 stitches,scintothenext5stitches"repeattotheend. Turnyourwork.
Ch 3, skip the next stitch, FPTr around the next 2 hdc from the row below, {Working in front of the last 2 stitches} FPTr around the skipped hdc from the row below, FPTr around the hdc from the row below, "skip 2 stitches, "{2dc, ch1, 2dc} into the next space, skip 2 stitches, FPTr around the hdc from the row below, FPTr around the next 2 hdc from the row below, {Working in front of the last 2 stitches} FPTr around the skipped hdc from the row below, FPTr around the hdc from the row below" repeat to the end. Turn your work.”

i dont really understand the part in bold. Which one is the skipped hdc? And around the next 2 hdc, does it mean 2 FPTrs? Im just so confused. Thanks in advance. 

3 answers to this question

Hi, An 🙂

what is the name of the pattern?  And the designer's name?

i find these kind of instructions really hard to grasp without a visual of some kind.  Does the pattern include any close up photos?  

"Ch 1, sc into the next 4 stitches, "ch 1, skip 2 stitches, sc into the next space"

There's something else questionable before your bolded part--the above is the beginning of the 3rd line you typed, before that came a foundation row and a row of solid hdc.  There is no space!  Unless they meant stitch, which is poorly worded/misleading. 

I just tried to diagram it, and it doesn't work out assuming space = stitch, you can't complete the repeat with the stitches available.  Is wonder if there is a line missing?  Or out of order?  Because the line I copied makes a space and uses a space, it sounds like the first 'makes some spaces' line is missing.