judianne

Newest Version of Our House CAL!

With more places moving to bring your own bags totes that could substitute for plastic size grocery bags wouldn't be bad idea. The substitute bags they are selling are harder to clean than a cotton tote. They rip easier too.

Hi, peeps

On 1/7/2021 at 9:24 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Judy, your cowl is pretty--color and stitch pattern! Thank you...   I'm so happy that you've reached out❤️

I'm ready to get off the phone call merry-go-round, but there's still lots to do/change/take care of. Still remembering someone I should have notified. We are SO glad we just had a family only graveside service with just a handful of friends and minimal family. Older DS got home Monday and had an email that someone in his section at work had tested positive. He got up sick Tuesday morning and tested positive. So far says it just feels like a sinus infection and is on antibiotics/vitamins. So the younger DS and his family are quarantining. Luckily there were probably only two other people that he had any real contact with. Hopefully DS is already felling better...everyone seems to get it in such a different way! 

We live in a town of around 300. There are at least four households on my block with covid and they haven't even had contact with each other. It's really scary how it has just exploded in the last month. At least the vaccine is slowly becoming available here, although through March it's for specific groups that we don't qualify for. DH is in the next tier since he's 75... I will have to wait for the next group, even though I also have had heart issues....

On the lighter side, I bought some lottery tickets this week. On the occasions that we bought tickets, DH loved to dream about what all the things he would do with the money. As quirky as the last year has been, if I ever had any change of winning, it would be now. LOL

I'm itching to get back to crocheting, just have to get my brain to settle down and be able to concentrate on it. You'll get there...allow yourself to rest when you can, and just do what you want to do.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:27 PM, Gardener said:

I’m glad to hear from you Mona.  Anther online friend who recently lost her husband said the phone calls afterwards seemed never ending.  Hope your DS feels better soon and that no one else gets sick. We know a lot of people who have gotten it recently too. Several have been hospitalized but so far all have survived. 

I’ve never bought a lottery ticket, although I’ve been tempted by those huge jackpots. I never win anything ever though, so I’m pretty sure I haven’t missed a golden opportunity.

Judy, as usual, lovely baby blanket and cowl.Thank you!

One of my goals for this year ought to be to finish my bags full of UFOs.  I don’t seem to have a lot of interest in some of those old projects though, so I decided to work at decreasing my yarn stash instead.  So far I have knit 3 dishcloths and I have a fourth half done.  That will use up 2 skeins of cotton. I probably have 30 or 40 more plus at least one cone.  That’s a lot of dishcloths and potholders. I could make tote bags but I have a lot of single skeins.  I guess the yarn might work for a sunhat.   And then there are the 100s of skeins of other yarns. And this is after I donated a garbage bag full.  I had better stay out of craft stores......Oh, my! I think you need to start a crocheting and knitting circle once everyone can get together again...and share your stash! 🤣

In addition to my other projects I'm now using up all the funky odds and ends of yarn i have to make cat blankets...my son's girlfriend is in charge of cat adoptions at the county SPCA....lol.

Stay well, my friends....

DS and DIL are starting to feel better--both with fairly mild symptoms. Younger DS and family don't have any symptoms so far--fingers crossed that they don't. Although in one way it's almost a relief to have had the virus and hopefully have immunity now.

I had a fairly productive morning--nothing major, but some of the regular stuff that needed to be done. Clothes washed in case the rain/snow predicted Monday turns into ice and power outages. I'm ready for the sunshine that won't be here until Tuesday. 

I got a crochet project out yesterday but after ripping out round 4 the second time I put it aside. Intended to try it again today, but didn't get there, maybe tomorrow.

No luck with the lottery tickets. LOL

• Like 1

We got up to snow this morning. Just enough to be pretty and for the grands to make a snowman. It's starting to melt already which is fine with me.

20210111_085239_snow.jpg

• Like 1

Mona glad to hear DS and DIL are feeling better.  Looks like a wet snow just right for making a snowman.  I havent made one for many years now as I was too tired by the time I got thru shoveling out.

Put away Christmas tree this morning.  I only managed to put one decoration on it this year but we enjoyed the lights.  It was great only having to carry it back to the garage instead of out the front door up the hill, into the attic, (and cracking your head into a rafter.)  Took the decorations off the outside tree Sat. and put them away.  That leaves the ceramic trees and door wreaths but not really in a hurry to put them away.

Edited by bgs

Mona: The photo turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing that.  I too am happy when our snow melts the next day. Although, Winter 2018 was a huge surprise when the snow stayed for a week.

Brenda: You've been busy! You keep the wreaths up as long as you like. My next door neighbor takes her time changing out her outside decorations. It's nice to see the "cheer" stay up for awhile and she decorates for every season/holiday and has a wreath on her door all year depending on the month/holiday/season. Halloween and Christmas are obviously her favorites.

Edited by ReniC

Hi, Ladies!

Just saying hello...

I have a commission:  Winnie the Poo baby blanket...