Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Brenda, that sounds like a fun trip!

Cindy, I haven't done much crocheting in quite a while either. Finally got out a lap throw this week. Lacked 3 DC having enough yarn to finish a round so I had to find another primary color to add one more round to it. My yarn is in such disarray from a year's worth of pulling yarn out for projects and not putting it back up.

It's been really hot this weekend. I got in a short swim and visit with a friend yesterday but have stayed under the AC today. There's a chance of rain all week but we only got 1/2" from all that was predicted last week.

I'm awake early with a headache. Better after applying heat, decongestant, ibuprofen, coke and donut. 

Monday was dentist apts--DH cleaning and I have a temporary crown. It also gave us the opportunity to pick up his new glasses without making a special trip.

DH got the cast off yesterday. He's back in the brace that keeps the knee straight. Just has to be careful to not bend the knee at all. He had been complaining of pain in his ankle and thinking it might be gout, but we realized Monday the the cast pressing on the back of his ankle had gouged a big spot. The Dr thinks it will heal ok but because of his other issues we have a wound care apt Thursday to make sure that's their opinion too. (Ok, I needed that laugh. Auto correct changed wound  care to sound card.)

I've heard about chemo brain/fog but unfortunately I'm afraid DH is now experiencing it. It seems like he can't remember anything and comes up with the craziest ideas that it is so obvious just won't work. Please say an extra prayer for my patience, because it looks like I'm going to need an extra measure!

I look forward to a week when I tell y'all about mundane things going on and don't feel like downer Debbie constantly complaining! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I'm awake early with a headache. Better after applying heat, decongestant, ibuprofen, coke and donut. 

I’m certain it was the donut!🤣

Prayers for strength and patience for you and healing for your hubby. 

Brenda it sounds like you, your sister and your niece had a great day out. I need something like that I think. I just feel so unmotivated. My bil is leaving tomorrow and will stay with another brother for two more weeks before hopefully going home. We were hoping to go away for a few days next week, but I don’t know if that will happen. DH is being considered for a drug research project. It’s already in the last phase of testing and it shows great promise in slowing the progression of pulmonary fibrosis. Of course, even if he gets in, he might be assigned a placebo. Right now this is requiring frequent dr office visits and he can’t miss them.

hope everyone else is doing well. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 6:17 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Monday was dentist apts--DH cleaning and I have a temporary crown. It also gave us the opportunity to pick up his new glasses without making a special trip.

DH got the cast off yesterday. He's back in the brace that keeps the knee straight. Just has to be careful to not bend the knee at all. He had been complaining of pain in his ankle and thinking it might be gout, but we realized Monday the the cast pressing on the back of his ankle had gouged a big spot. The Dr thinks it will heal ok but because of his other issues we have a wound care apt Thursday to make sure that's their opinion too. (Ok, I needed that laugh. Auto correct changed wound  care to sound card.)

I've heard about chemo brain/fog but unfortunately I'm afraid DH is now experiencing it. It seems like he can't remember anything and comes up with the craziest ideas that it is so obvious just won't work. Please say an extra prayer for my patience, because it looks like I'm going to need an extra measure!

I look forward to a week when I tell y'all about mundane things going on and don't feel like downer Debbie constantly complaining! 

Don't ever hesitate to vent....we're friends here💕

Just checking in to say "hello" to everyone.

We've got some cooler temps headed our way next week. No particular plans this holiday weekend. Just taking it easy.

I thought I had posted this--got interrupted. Then the power blinked off and on and my computer wouldn't come on. Luckily after multiple times unplugging and pushing the button, it came back up. Life is good!

• Like 1

Hi ladies. Quite cool here today for a change. It’s actually nice to wear a sweater for once.

Nothing much going on here. My brother in law left here for another brothers house, which was planned in advance. He can be very difficult to deal with, so it seemed like a good idea to spread him around a bit!

I still haven’t done much crocheting, but now that it’s cooling off, I feel a bit more ambitious.  We are going to visit with friends at their cottage tomorrow, but maybe on Tuesday, I will dig into my WIPs and see if anything appeals.

have a good Labor Day!

• Like 1

Here are a couple of newborn sets I made from scraps....sun was super bright so the yellow and other subtle colors don't show up well.

20200906_162930.jpg

20200906_162810.jpg

• Like 1

Mona, Cindy hope last week went okay.

It was cool and drizzly last week until the sun and heat returned on Fri.  Today was our anniversary.  We celebrated Fri by going to Dollar Tree (hadnt been since Feb) as I needed large envelopes and greeting cards.  Stopped at adjacent JoAnn's (hadnt been there since before Christmas last year) because needed 2 metal hoops for wreaths and would have liked some bright yellow cotton yarn like I bought there some time ago.  I think its probably been discontinued but they had 12 skeins of RHSS in color Ocean for 88 cents each that I could not pass up.  They metal hoops in floral and macrame were too large but I bought 2 wooden embroidery hoops and used the inner sections.  Then we stopped at Menards to buy our anniversary present----a very sturdy tool cart so dh can store tools on it instead of having tool boxes all over.  On way back we did drive thru at Lions Choice for roast beef sandwiches.  

The Village delivered our snack bags (popcorn, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, coke, diet coke or beer , along with Chiefs cup for first game along with wreaths to put together.  Who ever put the kits together had never put one together because they put styrofoam wreaths in the kits and the fabric/ ribbon strips did not reach around it and not enough strips to cover if you poked them into the styrofoam.  Sending one to neighbor where we used to live.

20200913_131937.thumb.jpg.a806ff5837efd560e3f951c128413224.jpg

20200913_131109.thumb.jpg.9c8d4e43d24eeb48e16840d9cf4c5a4a.jpg

• Like 1

Brenda, I haven't killed him, so I guess that means the week went ok. LOL Counting the days till his next ortho apt--9. Feeling really overwhelmed and short tempered, trying to remember to just take one day at a time.

I got a little crocheting done this weekend which was really nice. We didn't get the cooler weather that had been predicted but did finally get a little rain. My plants may survive a little longer. They're again saying cooler and rain next week. Sally may actually bring it but we're on the west side so shouldn't be a lot.

Hope everyone is well and has a good week!

• Like 1

And I forgot to say Happy Anniversary, Brenda!

I didn't have the grands yesterday, thank goodness, because I'm just pooped this week. DH had a dentist apt today (short trip) and he goes to the wound clinic tomorrow (long trip). 5 days on the ortho countdown. I'm trying not to get my hopes up about him getting changed to the 90 degree brace. The way things have gone, it's liable to go either way. 

It's cooler today with nights in the 50's this weekend. It'll be so nice to get us loaded up in the car and not be so sweaty that I feel like I need another shower. LOL

I should be cleaning junk off the dining room table--older DS and DIL are coming for a visit this weekend--but I'm headed to relax a little instead.

We had a nice visit yesterday with both sons and families. Kind of felt like I had been run over by a truck when everyone left. LOL Four kids 7 and under are just going to be active. I had the grands for a couple of hours this afternoon, too. But got some crocheting time in beforehand and while they were here.

We're enjoying some cooler nights this weekend. So nice to be able to open doors and windows in the mornings at least. Possible rain later this week with Beta coming thru.

DH has city court tomorrow morning, Orth apt Tuesday and wound clinic Friday, so another busy week. I need to mow the yard tomorrow before any rain comes in.

Hope everyone has a good week!

DH is finally making some progress. They switched him to a knee brace with 15 degrees bend. Not much but enough to be much more comfortable especially in the car.

The  rain from Beta has started. We may get 2-4" . So far it's just a steady not hard rain. Good for the yard. Since it's been so dry it should just soak right in. Not so great for the cotton farmers.

Hi peeps - working in the border for the baby cosy blanket I'm making....pic to come.

On 9/20/2020 at 6:59 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

We had a nice visit yesterday with both sons and families. Kind of felt like I had been run over by a truck when everyone left. LOL Four kids 7 and under are just going to be active. I had the grands for a couple of hours this afternoon, too. But got some crocheting time in beforehand and while they were here.WOW...so many kids, but such a blessing! My head would explode with all that activity 🤣

We're enjoying some cooler nights this weekend. So nice to be able to open doors and windows in the mornings at least.We had some of those nights too! Yesterday we had to put the het on...and this AM I turned it off...close to 80 today and looks like we'll be getting about a week of warm temps again. Possible rain later this week with Beta coming thru.

DH has city court tomorrow morning, Orth apt Tuesday and wound clinic Friday, so another busy week. I need to mow the yard tomorrow before any rain comes in.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Hi ladies. It’s been beautiful fall like weather since Sunday. Last week was just plain cold.  

I’ve been entertaining myself with out door work, but I did manage to almost finish a pair of booties. Just need to do the sewing together part......

Mona, I’m glad to hear that your Dh is making progress.  
Judy, nice blankets. I ought to make some to donate and use up some yarn.  
Brenda, your stockings are very cute and your wreaths look so festive.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• Like 1

Judy I really like this one!

Mona glad dh is making progress.  Dont know how you handle all your company, mowing,  the long drives for all the medical appointments, and all the everyday chores.  

Cindy we had a taste of cool weather a couple of weeks ago but it has heated back up.  Some of the trees are starting to turn.  

We could use some rain as its been one of the dryest Sept for a very long time.  We are getting haze from the fires out west.  The smoke and allergens in the air are really bothering my eyes.

• Like 1

Judy, that's another pretty one!

Brenda, it doesn't all get done. I think the car knows it's own way to Oxford now. The house is usually something of a mess to put it kindly. I aim for food on the table and clean clothes and the rest is hit and miss as energy, time and inclination allows. LOL The yard did not get mowed before the rain. We got 3.25" from Beta. Loving the cooler temps, but it'll be back in the 80's this weekend which still isn't too bad.

Seems like I've done the paperwork dance all day today with some laundry thrown in. Off to crochet a little now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Judy, that's another pretty one!

Brenda, it doesn't all get done. I think the car knows it's own way to Oxford now. The house is usually something of a mess to put it kindly. I aim for food on the table and clean clothes and the rest is hit and miss as energy, time and inclination allows. LOL The yard did not get mowed before the rain. We got 3.25" from Beta. Loving the cooler temps, but it'll be back in the 80's this weekend which still isn't too bad.

Seems like I've done the paperwork dance all day today with some laundry thrown in. Off to crochet a little now.

Well sounds like you get the important stuff done like crocheting and eating!  Dont know if I have mentioned this but dh is in charge of dusting and keeping the floors clean here.  I have to just laugh because now he is aware of every crumb almost as soon as it hits the floor.  My dustbuster is almost permanently attached to his hand.  Its funny when he finds his cereal in the floor because he knows he did it.  Its too the point sometimes when he isnt looking I scoot my crumbs over under his  stool.  At old place he was totally oblivious to all the mess he tracked in.

• Haha 1

Weekend started off hot (90's).  Sun the sun never broke thru.  It was dark all day and then we had several downpours.  Today the wind felt a bit chilly.  I have been getting my Halloween stuff out. 

These were picked up today.

Your shawls look great, Brenda! Nice colors.

Long day today after not enough sleep last night. Dropped DH off for chemo and took my truck to the dealership for a recall repair that was supposed to take a couple of hours. 3 1/2 hours later and a scarf and a half crocheted, they finally finished. Picked DH back up, ate lunch, took his lab kit to the post office and  stopped by walmart.  Got home and the pump wasn't running on the pool after the pool guy had finally come yesterday and programmed it. At least it was a nice cool temperature today. Warmer tomorrow but still in the 70's. Hopefully I'll get the yard mowed then.