Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Wow Brenda, 50 more ear savers!  That was a lot of ends to weave in and buttons to sew on!

I'm not very motivated either.  I take out a project, do a few stitches and put it back down. About the only thing I do besides housework is read. I’m tired of being mostly stuck at home.  We talk about going somewhere but dh’s youngest brother is in for his stem cell transplant, so now is not a good time. Oh well, at least the house is clean.  I’ve managed to do quite a bit of decluttering too.  Say.....maybe I should start a new project!  

hope you are all well. 

• Like 1

Judy, looking forward to seeing your quarantine blanket.

Brenda, I'm envious of your orchard trip. How many ear savers have you made? I know they are greatly appreciated. Wearing a mask for very long is not pleasant.

DH's surgery went well Wednesday. He's in a cast from upper thigh to ankle. Some pain of course but could be worse. Really restless Wed night, we both slept last night, tonight restless and now he's asleep but with the cpap making awful noises. I've applied Tylenol and a hershey bar to my headache and he's quieted down some but I'm afraid I'll rouse him if I get back in bed.

Not a quiet week, Brenda. Thunderstorm with a close lightning strike Wednesday night. His desktop computer is dead, mine doesn't have internet, some of the security cameras are down. I'm using my kindle but can't get into the email--another call to make tomorrow. He's got a laptop to use. Filter pump isn't running on the pool but it may be age rather than storm.

On the good news side, the Dr finally got the paperwork to the medical equipment company so hopefully he'll have an electric wheelchair with elevating leg rests coming soon. Dealing with a leg in a cast with no bend to it for a month is going to require a lot of chocolate.LOL

I really would like some me/crochet time but he's best kept content at this point by me spending most of the day sitting on the bed with him. I'll have to work on something small, maybe some dish cloths. If I have to listen to much more talk about radios and electronics there may not be enough chocolate. Trying to tune it out and just say uh huh every so often. LOL

Someone said they saw on the internet: let's put out the Halloween candy, carve a turkey, throw up some Christmas lights and call it a year. I'm definitely to that point!

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend!

• Like 1

Brenda...I know that feeling about not being in the mood...a lot of that is the weather of course, in addition to what's going on around us.

My current pet peeves her in NJ are the irresponsible teens and 20 somethings - and their parents - who are allowing underage drinking parties as well as not wearing masks and distancing. Parents and kids are refusing to name others for contact tracing!!!  Currently, one party in a nearby upper middle class town is responsible for at least 50 positive virus tests! NO CONSCIENCE!

Our governor is threatening restrictions again and we're not even at inside dining yet. 

Back on topic... I'm working on the border for Q blanket and have also started the praying hands throw. I may be raiding stash if I run out of a color. I'm really trying to use stash so will do what I have to to finish it. Hubby has no problem with  that.

Stay well, ladies!

Mona, I like that idea of putting out every decoration and calling it a year! That thought made me smile.

Cindy - YES - start another project!!!

Mona 305 ear savers turned in so that is 610 buttons and ends to work in.  Takes me twice as long doing buttons and ends than it does to crochet it.  Gee what a year for you and dh on top of the covid crazy. I am ready to hit fast forward on this year too.  Actually saw on news there is a house around area that put up all their various holiday lights in yard to try to cheer people up.

Judy same pet peeves here.   Lots of positives from grad party with over 100 high school kids from 6 different high schools.  And now mom thinks maybe it wasnt a good idea!  County might fine her because they had over 100 people and no masks were worn. Our governor is leaving things up to each locale.  Then a church with 30 positives and 300 exposed-----defying county protocols.

I have started a prayer shawl yesterday an am halfway done unless I decide to pull it out and start over.  That happens a lot.

Edited by bgs

Hi peeps.  We have power tg but 1.2 million were without on Tuesday after the storm crashed through.  And crashed through is the right word. Internet etc. have been down since. Downed trees and wires have caused havoc over most of the state. We are grateful the temps have gone down to the 70s and not 100.  We were without power for 13 days after sandy in 2012 so I truly empathize with those who don't know when it's going to return 

Judy glad to hear you are ok.  I have seen some of the devastation on the news.  I feel bad for all those dealing with it.  It makes me stop and think about how much I really appreciate indoor plumbing and electricity.  

• Like 1

Brenda we always hold our breath when we get storms. Esp after Sandy!

Since last evening...except for a 10 minute outage this am we've had internet phone etc. We'll see if after 6 days the optimum company has their act together. 

Need to take a pick of my covid blanket 

Hi ladies. Nothing much to report here. The worst of the weather has missed us. 

Nice blanket, Judy.

All this hanging around the house is getting old.  I knitted a dishcloth and that’s it for any crafting. I have been reading a lot, and just finished rereading all of Agatha Christie’s Miss Marple books.  I could have finished all my UFOs by this time if I could just develop some ambition..  

Hubby has been diagnosed with a very serious lung disease. (Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis)  He has never smoked, and he is in very good shape physically, which won’t prolong his life, but will increase his quality of life.  This hit us all unsuspecting because he has no symptoms and works out every day.   (His dr heard odd lung sounds and sent him for an X-ray and CT scan). We’ve had a month or so to get used to the idea, so we have gotten over the shock.  This Illness means that we need to be especially careful to avoid crowds since COVID won’t be a good thing for him.

Hubby’s brother had his stem cell transplant last week.  Hubby is one of his two designated visitors.  I don’t really like him going up there, (I worry about all the germs in the hospital), but I understand that he wants to be there for his brother.  

Looks like hubby is ready to leave.  We are going to walk around the lake at the nature preserve that is located behind us.  Hubby walks either there or another nearby trail every morning. 

Have a great evening. 

Cindy, I'm so sorry about your hubby! With his worries about his brother and this Covid thing...no one needs to have anything more added to the list.

Being a nurse also means you know more about your DH's lung condition than you probably want to...hugs and prayers, hon💕

• Like 1

Cindy, I'm so sorry! You really have a lot going on.

Judy, great looking blanket!

DH got good reports at the Myeloma Center this week and at his ortho apt. He stays on the same chemo for another four months and got the staples out of the knee--two more weeks of the cast. Next week is busier than I would like, but hopefully some down time in the last half of it.

Thank goodness for children that can work on stuff. We picked up a new router and Robert installed it and after some kinks got everything going and all our computers back on line.

We've missed the rain this last week but at least there are some slightly cooler temps in sight next week.

Stay safe and well!

• Like 1

Cindy hugs and prayers.  

Judy great job on on your quarantine blanket.  

Mona glad things are progressing for dh.  

Finished a prayer shawl, started another, working on potholders regular size and huge for niece.  The 16 inch diameter ones are for her table.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bgs said:

Cindy hugs and prayers.  

Judy great job on on your quarantine blanket.  Thanks!

Mona glad things are progressing for dh.  

Finished a prayer shawl, started another, working on potholders regular size and huge for niece.  The 16 inch diameter ones are for her table.Those are great...I have a couple of really think ones I was gifted a while ago and they definitely come in handy.

Mona,  we started with cooler temps 2 nights ago...it's such a welcome break, isn't it? Such positive news about your hubby too!

Brenda, I love the idea of a different color for each side.

I meant to mow the yard this afternoon but found out the mower had a flat tire. I'll just have to try to get it Monday or hope we don't get too much rain next week. There are two storms coming into the gulf. They really don't know what they're going to do but it looks like we may have a fairly good chance of one coming through close enough to rain on us.

I thought I had a free week coming up except for DH's ortho apt Friday (the cast comes off). But now he's got a couple of friends coming to visit one day. I'll guess I'll just have to pull up my big girl pants and either cook lunch or pick it up. Have to clean off the table either way. I wish I could find that magnet under the table that makes stuff collect on it. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks Brenda and Mona! I'm putting it in the wash today so the border lays more flat. 

Mona, how are you today? I saw the coverage on Laura - horrrible damage!

3 hours ago, judianne said:

Thanks Brenda and Mona! I'm putting it in the wash today so the border lays more flat. 

Mona, how are you today? I saw the coverage on Laura - horrrible damage!

Not even much rain yet. It's close to being far enough north for the rain to start here. Just remains to be seen how much rain and wind we get. It was amazing to me that it was hurricane strength almost all of the way north in LA.

• Like 1

Laura is almost north of us now. We're at the bottom edge of the big blob. Just some mild wind, 1/3" of rain, and the internet went out last night. I'll gladly trade having to use my phone's hot spot and water my plants tomorrow for no tornadoes or wind damage. Lol

We have a three hour round trip today to hopefully get DH's cast off.

• Like 1

Long day yesterday. They didn't take the cast off--hopefully Tuesday. Then he's back to the brace that keeps the leg straight for several weeks. Except for the x-ray it was a wasted trip. At least the weather was ok, just a little windy. Came home exhausted but got a good night's sleep.

I have an afternoon's worth of stuff to do in the kitchen which may or may not get done.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Just dropping by to say hi.  Has anyone heard from Mary?

Brenda and a Judy, great projects. I ought to make myself a few giant potholders. They would be handy.  (Just what i need, another project....) 

Mona, you sure are having a time of it.  Hope Dh gets back on his feet soon.  

Nothing exciting to report here. I still don’t feel much like crocheting, but I have put a few stitches into a few UFOs.  I also went through my yarn and donated a couple of boxes full.  

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Hi Cindy!  The smaller potholders work up fairly quick and its an easy pattern.   I default to it when I need to stress crochet.  Needless to say I have no idea how many I have given away.  The larger ones dont take too much longer.  

Gee Mona hate that you had to make that drive and dh not get the cast off.  

I got a call to start making prayer shawls again.  I can go pick up a bag of yarn but so far using mine.  I have one done and one started.  Thurs we received our kit to make coasters out of sculpy clay.  Dh might like doing those.  Signed up for the kit to make a Chiefs wreath and need to call and sign up for the snack packs for first game.  Told dh to request 2 snack packs because I not sharing. 

Did some things last week with sis and niece for nieces birthday but being cautious about it.  One day we got carryout for lunch.  Another day we went to ice cream shop out where I used to live-----bought ice cream cone and ate it outside.  Fri we went to Branson and back (3 1/2 hours each way) because sis and niece had coupons and store bucks to use, niece wanted to just do something and sis wanted to see if she could physically handle it.  Did quick in and outs in stores where we were serious about purchasing something and parked for a bit to watch boats on Table Rock Lake.  We ordered carryout to eat outside or in the car.   It was good to just take a ride and go somewhere.  My dads family was from that area so just being there brings back memories.  

• Like 1