Help please! Terry Kimbrough Sweet Dreams baby blanket edging

Crow

Question

On the first row of sc for edging, when i get to the end of the first side i place 2 sc in space but how do i turn the corner? It’s not clear to me what to do at the corner. Is it 2 sc in that space and then a sc in first dc on 2nd side? Please help!

8 answers to this question

I have that pattern and will be able to look it up later and try to help....honestly I find those loooong wordy patterns confusing.....but I have made this yrs ago.  It was donated so I don't have it to look at.  

Meanwhile, there are loads of projects on ravelry, you can zoom in on pics, and often see enough detail,to count stitches so that may give you the answer .   https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sweet-dreams/people

im not sure, you may need to sign up there to see the projects.  

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the 'ville! 

Sorry to say I don't have this pattern book and don't know the pattern details, but 2 things: (1) There are other knowledgeable people here that have made this pattern and can help you, and (2) not sure if this is good or bad news, but you are not the only one that has had questions on this pattern.  There have been several other threads started in this help forum regarding this pattern, and possibly one of the answers will help answer your question.  Scroll to the top of the page, at the top left there is a search box, search on sweet dreams and choose 'this forum'.  Good luck!

Oh goody, just as I was about to hit 'send' one of the people who I know has been helpful to others previously has just replied.  Hi Magic :hi 

Added, I am pretty sure that non-Rav members can only see projects that members have 'coded' as public.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

I have the pattern in front of me.  So is your question all about round 1 of the edging?  

Thank you so much for your help. I got around the first two rows of the edging but upon counting i am short 4 stitches on row 2.   I think it must be an error from row one corners. Not sure how to fix. Can you clarify what to do at corners in row 1?  I’ll rip out both rows if needed

Edited by Crow

oh geez, i read this earlier and felt i understood it, well the first 2 lines anyhow.  now i read those lines and am not sure i understand.  

have you looked at the Ravelry projects to see if theres a closeup of the corners?  that is more reliable than my brain i think 😜

• Thanks 1

The instructions for the edging on this pattern are horrible!  Instead of giving stitch count per side, it’s given for entire blanket so if you are off, it’s impossible to figure out where. I’ll get it finished but won’t do this edging pattern ever again! Never had this much trouble with a pattern in 40 years!!!

3 hours ago, Crow said:

The instructions for the edging on this pattern are horrible!  Instead of giving stitch count per side, it’s given for entire blanket so if you are off, it’s impossible to figure out where. 

I agree.  I remember it that way , and rereading it now it still strikes me that way.