Fast forward jacket

penelope2020

Question

Hi!

I'm working on my first piece of clothing and I'm stuck. I'm making a jacket. I'm at the point I have to divide for armholes. I had to end the body on the WS. Then it says " sc2tog 5 times, turn. Leave rem. STS. Unworked. Cont on last 13 STS for right front. Work 5 rows even in Pat."

I am lost at the cont. On last 13 stitches...

This is the pattern: https://www.yarnspirations.com/ca-en/bernat-fast-forward-jacket/BRC0333-007401M.html

Thanks,

El

BRC0333-007401M (1).pdf

Edited by penelope2020
Spelling error

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!  That jacket looks nice and warm.

Did you scroll down to the last page, and take a look at the diagram?  A picture is worth 1000 words here.

The pattern says at the very start that it's all worked in 1 piece to the armholes, and now you've reached the armholes. Now, you need to work on the now 'disconnected' 3 pieces, one at a time, starting with the right front which is why you are leaving a lot of stitches unworked at this point (will become the 2 other pieces when you finish the first piece.  Does that help?  

I think it could have been worded a little bit clearer.  It says 'divide for armholes: next row (etc)', and IMO it should have said you are working on the right front right away, instead of casually mentioning it in the second row of the right front.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer! I looked over the pattern a lot. I just don't think I understood the pattern. It became clearer once I read through the pattern many times (and saw later one that it mentioned about the right front). At first, I didn't understand that I had to work on each section individually.

I've completed a few easy projects and maybe should have stuck to a simpler cardigan... we'll see what the final product looks like.

Thanks again - great to know that resources like this exist since I've basically taught myself how to crochet. I still have lots to learn!