Allison

AllisonW

Question

Hello, I’m a newbie and I don’t know what chain 1 inside the next chain space looks like. Can someone help please. I know how to crochet in a chain space but i don’t understand what chain I inside the next chain space means. Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

That is a bit of a stumper.  All I can think of is chain 1, do something else in/around the chain space.

Can you tell where the spot you are at now, is on the pattern photo?  I see Magiccrochetfan has just replied :hi as I'm typing, I was about to ask the same thing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, magiccrochetfan said:

To me also that doesn't make sense.  What is the name and location of the pattern?  

The pattern is a we are knitters pattern. If says *chain 1, skip the next stitch, work 1 dc. Repeat from (to) until you reach the next chain space. Chain 1 inside the next chain space, work 1 dc, chain 3, 1 dc, chain 1 into the chain space. Work 1 dc into the next stitch.*

15 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the 'ville!

That is a bit of a stumper.  All I can think of is chain 1, do something else in/around the chain space.

Can you tell where the spot you are at now, is on the pattern photo?  I see Magiccrochetfan has just replied :hi as I'm typing, I was about to ask the same thing.

I wonder if it means 'over' the next chain space, so you'd have a little 2 row 'ladder' going on.  So you are 'using' the chain space (sort of) by "filling up" the space it spans, but nothing is touching vertically.  That's the only thing that makes sense to me (or my imagination, any way).

Edited by Granny Square

Hi Granny Square!  

Alison, please tell us the name of the pattern, because seeing a picture of it would really help.

i wonder if we are all reading it wrong, or maybe I should say it's just not clearly punctuated.  It could be that you work until you get to the chain space.  Then you chain, not into the space but just into the air.  Then you do the dc, ch3, dc, all INTO the chain space.  Then you make another ch in the air and make a dc into next stitch.  They just didn't express it very clearly.  

Edited by magiccrochetfan