Pattern confusion

Madit

Question

Hi there,

I was hoping for some help on a section of a pattern that has me confused. I'm working from a 16 St ring. The pattern say to work a dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops,  BLO SC,  skip 1 St, dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops,  BLO SC,  skip 1 St, dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops,  BLO SC,  (you should have 3 bobbles)  then BLO sc in the remaining 9 to finish with 16. When I tried them I only had 5 remaining and not 9. I've never used a bobble before so I could be doing something wrong there but I've followed the instructions in the pattern for it and I just can work out if maybe the maths is off or if I'm doing something wrong and I am meant to finish with 9. Any help would be amazing 

9 answers to this question

for reference, here it is on Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/huggable-baby-yoda

it does say you can just leave off the bobbles and just make the leg plain, so that is an option.  

what i would do--assuming the bobbles themselves went ok---is I would just go with what you have, work the 5sc, and continue the leg rounds with 16 st.  

If it were me and i didn't like the way the bobbles looked, i probably would just leave the toes off and make the legs plain.  

Awesome thank you so much for your advice. The bobbles look really cute and worked out well so I was wanting to keep them but was getting stuck with finishing the round. I'll just stick with the 5 and keep going. Once again thank you 😊

What a cute pattern, but baby Yoda's toes are a big part of the cuteness!  :lol 

Retyping your pattern, with a stitch count used of each transaction in red: dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops (2) ,  BLO SC (1),  skip 1 St (1), dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops (2),  BLO SC,  skip 1 St (1), dc7tog bobble over 2 st in both loops(2),  BLO SC,  (you should have 3 bobbles)  then BLO sc in the remaining 9 (no, only 5 remaining) to finish with 16

BUT, if you put the 7 DC bobble stitches into 1 stitch, not split between 2, you'd gain 3 stitches and end up with 8, not 9 for the balance of the foot.  I think that would be an option to consider to preserve the toes.  You can put way more than 7 sts into 1 stitch so that isn't an issue.  Worth trying at least, to see how it looks.

Edited by Granny Square

I've still got the coat to finish but he turned out alright in the end. I ended up making slight modifications to the feet so he could stand on his own but I'm happy with how it turned out 

IMG20200708140319.jpg

IMG20200708140351.jpg