Jump to content
ReniC

Yarn Brand/Color

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know the brand and color of this particular yarn? I was told it might be Red Heart Retro, but in the pic, it looks like it is fluffier and has more lavender and blue in it? Any ideas?

yarn brand.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oooh that's pretty! I agree--I don't see any lavender in the retro. Do you think it's six different colors of whatever yarn it is rather than a striping yarn?

That's a really interesting stitch pattern too. Do you know the name?

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Oooh that's pretty! I agree--I don't see any lavender in the retro. Do you think it's six different colors of whatever yarn it is rather than a striping yarn?

That's a really interesting stitch pattern too. Do you know the name?

I think it might be six different colors.  I found it on a Turkish site where they list several afghans and in some cases explain how to make them even though they are someone else's work and sometimes provides link to original pattern.  They say this is hairpin lace and show how to do it in a different color---most likely lifted instructions from other sites.  After looking it is hairpin lace on the main part I think the edging might be broomstick lace.  I found no mention of what this yarn is.  Looks like this afghan was sold on etsy but no longer available.

Edited by bgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 8:20 PM, bgs said:

I think it might be six different colors.  I found it on a Turkish site where they list several afghans and in some cases explain how to make them even though they are someone else's work and sometimes provides link to original pattern.  They say this is hairpin lace and show how to do it in a different color---most likely lifted instructions from other sites.  After looking it is hairpin lace on the main part I think the edging might be broomstick lace.  I found no mention of what this yarn is.  Looks like this afghan was sold on etsy but no longer available.

Yes on the center being Hairpin Lace and the border being Broomstick lace. I came across the same link. I just love that yarn a ton.

Edited by ReniC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Yes on the center being Hairpin Lace and the border being Broomstick lace. I came across the same link. I just love that yarn a ton.

That yarn is gorgeous and looks so soft.  You jogged my memory on hairpin and broomstick lace. I have the things to do both.  Long long ago I made a hairpin lace shawl but thats it.  Never really came across anything I wanted to make but this afghan is so pretty combining that yarn with this technique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, bgs said:

That yarn is gorgeous and looks so soft.  You jogged my memory on hairpin and broomstick lace. I have the things to do both.  Long long ago I made a hairpin lace shawl but thats it.  Never really came across anything I wanted to make but this afghan is so pretty combining that yarn with this technique.

I assume the colors are what attracted me to the pic. It does look so very soft and I am a sucker for rainbow color schemes, especially pastel of muted. I'll keep looking around as maybe I'll run across the yarn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too!, I would like to get that yarn! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So far, the only yarn I have found close is Red Heart- Unforgettable- Candied. And it's on sale online at Michel's too. I wonder how long it takes to get delivered.

Dang!... My daughter keeps telling me, "Mom, you don't need anymore yarn, unless your out of my colors!".

 

Edited by ReniC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those colors look close but I don't think it would be "fluffy" at all.

I have a tshirt that says: yarn is like chocolate, you can never have too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Those colors look close but I don't think it would be "fluffy" at all.

I have a tshirt that says: yarn is like chocolate, you can never have too much.

That's funny Mona! I love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bgs said:

Do you think it might be the same yarn used on this afghan?

https://made-in-k-town.blogspot.com/2017/05/starlight-baby-blanket-pattern.html?m=1

 If so it says the yarn is Stylecraft Special DK.  

But then I wonder about this one.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hairpin-lace-baby-blanket

in Bernat  Softee Baby.

It could possibly be individual skeins of yarn as I don't see any color transitions on the rows. It's hard to tell though since the blanket is folded up. I'm inclined to think it's going to wind up being one of those elusive mysteries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ReniC said:

So far, the only yarn I have found close is Red Heart- Unforgettable- Candied. And it's on sale online at Michel's too. I wonder how long it takes to get delivered.

Dang!... My daughter keeps telling me, "Mom, you don't need anymore yarn, unless your out of my colors!".

 

Very close! :)

That yarn is soft & fluffy, I made a hat out of that yarn few years ago. The thing is, that yarn is very "delicate" not very strong.  I do not think I would use that for a baby blanket. Unless that blanket would not be used & washed a lot. Babies stuff usually needs to be washed very often, they do have all kind of "accidents...". LOL.

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Very close! :)

That yarn is soft & fluffy, I made a hat out of that yarn few years ago. The thing is, that yarn is very "delicate" not very strong.  I do not think I would use that for a baby blanket. Unless that blanket would not be used & washed a lot. Babies stuff usually needs to be washed very often, they do have all kind of "accidents...". LOL.

Krys

Hello Krys- Thank you for your input. Oh boy- babies do make messes, that's for sure, but, I want to make a throw for me in this yarn. It's so colorful and pleasing to my eye and I have always been attracted to multi colors. I've used Unforgettable before, but, just for hats, scarves and shawls. It's easy enough to work with too. I'll keep looking and in the meantime, after I get a long list of scrap yarn projects done and some face masks made, then, if I can't find this particular yarn, I'll try to get the Unforgettable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ReniC said:

Hello Krys- Thank you for your input. Oh boy- babies do make messes, that's for sure, but, I want to make a throw for me in this yarn. It's so colorful and pleasing to my eye and I have always been attracted to multi colors. I've used Unforgettable before, but, just for hats, scarves and shawls. It's easy enough to work with too. I'll keep looking and in the meantime, after I get a long list of scrap yarn projects done and some face masks made, then, if I can't find this particular yarn, I'll try to get the Unforgettable.

Hi Reni :). That yarn would make a very nice & soft blanket for you.  What color would you pick for your blanket from that "Unforgettable" yarn?.

I love to crochet with bright colors. I just do not like to decorate my house with those colors or wear them :(. I am more  down to Earth colors person.. Like White, cream, black, brown. Blue can work for me, not a bright blue. I can deal with  some other colors as long as they are "tone-down" LOL. I do have couple red dresses, I wear them only at  Christmas time.

HAPPY 4-th JULY! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hi Reni :). That yarn would make a very nice & soft blanket for you.  What color would you pick for your blanket from that "Unforgettable" yarn?.

I love to crochet with bright colors. I just do not like to decorate my house with those colors or wear them :(. I am more  down to Earth colors person.. Like White, cream, black, brown. Blue can work for me, not a bright blue. I can deal with  some other colors as long as they are "tone-down" LOL. I do have couple red dresses, I wear them only at  Christmas time.

HAPPY 4-th JULY! :)

Krys

I'd choose the same colors as in the photo for my living room. I already have a bag of #5 weight yarn in bright white for my bedroom. I just cannot get to it yet. I've been looking for a very soft blue to go with it for a border (on the white one) to match my bed quilt. No luck on that yet, but, it's not a priority right now. I'm currently making a "care package" for my 4 great-grandkids out of scrap yarns- toys, hats, scarves, etc. I'm also making them some masks to fit them for when they do have to go in public which is hardly ever right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ReniC said:

. I'm currently making a "care package" for my 4 great-grandkids out of scrap yarns- toys, hats, scarves, etc. I'm also making them some masks to fit them for when they do have to go in public which is hardly ever right now.

Reni looks like you are very busy making cute things for your little guys :). I love to crochet all those cute things for little kids. When they get older it gets little harder because they do have many of their own opinions & requests.....LOL

That is great that you are able to make those Face Masks for them.

Take Care! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni looks like you are very busy making cute things for your little guys :). I love to crochet all those cute things for little kids. When they get older it gets little harder because they do have many of their own opinions & requests.....LOL

That is great that you are able to make those Face Masks for them.

Take Care! :)

Krys

I do enjoy making for the great grand kids. They are not picky and appreciate everything I send them and with joy too. I looked for the fabric to start making the kids masks and can't find it anywhere. It was all kids theme too. 😲 Guess it was lost in the big move. Maybe I can find some online. Now for the big search.  Hope you had a great holiday yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...