picot cluster??

Ranma

Question

I am making the Jamaican Waters Throw from crochet magazine and it has a picot cluster stitch. The third picture is what I did but i don't think its right. Basically I yo, went into stitch, yo, pull through loop, yo pulled through 2 loops, chained 3, yo and went into third chain from hook, yo pulled through, yo pulled through 2 loops, yo inserted hook into stitch, yo pulled through loop, yo pulled through 2 loops, yo pulled through all 4 loops. I don't know if i did this right but it was the best I could come up with. 

picot cluster1.jpg

picot cluster2.jpg

picot cluster3.jpg

2 answers to this question

I've never seen a picot made that way, but there is a first time for everything.  

Below swatch--first row is DC, second row has the picot made per the instruction (I did not skip any stitches, I made the picot and continued with DC in the next stitch), and a few stitches later a picot made subbing a slst instead of DC in the third ch from the hook, which is a more conventional picot construction. (close to the left yarn-tail edge.)

If the instructions tell you to make that picot (as written, with the DC), and skip 1 or 2 stitches after, it would make an interesting edging; but if you don't skip stitches, I think it's going to ruffle or curl.

scan0014.jpg

Edited by Granny Square

Then in row 3 it says dc in chain space of picot cluster so that makes sense it would be in that triangle space I think. THANKS so much!

Edited by Ranma