Stitch help

SueSanme

Question

HELP!

Made about ten of these little hats.  Found the pattern on someone’s blog, which was not posted on Pinterest.  Worked on a few other projects and then went back to make a few more hats.  Do you think I could remember the stitch?  Do you think I could remember the website?  Do you think I can find the site in my history? Did I write down the instructions in my stitch notebook?

Feel like such a dolt because I love the stitch and it works perfectly for making hats in the round.  I do remember the blogger saying she doesn’t name stitches and just posted instructions for this one.

Hopefully someone will recognize it.  I’ve tried combining stitches, spent hours searching,  even uploaded pictures in google image search - all to no avail.

Just call me Frogger,

Sue

IMG_20200610_200230_01.jpg

D491CC57-62A0-41D5-93EF-91506536755B.jpeg

2 answers to this question

looking at your closeup pic, if i had to guess, I'd say it looks like it's dc2tog, chain one or two.  

did you search on Ravelry's listing?  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&availability=free&pc=beanie-toque&pa=top-down&source-type=website&sort=recently-popular&view=captioned_thumbs&page=1     You can change the attributes if you want to, for example i didn't narrow it by size but if it was written in a child's size, you could narrow it down that way.  

Thank you, for the stitch suggestion.  I’ll give it a try.  Haven’t used Ravelry using the attributes before.  In all honesty hadn’t even thought of it.  So, you’ve actually taught me two new things today.  That makes it a good day!

Thank You!