Another Set of Stashbuster Potholders

ReniC

I finally completed this set to go in my gift stash. I just noticed I put the wrong color border on the top one so, I'll go back and add another round on.

Potholders.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 9:53 PM, Horsy said:

Is that what they call a solid granny square?

No, this is Moss stitch in a square. If you're interested, mine are similar to this pattern. Hope that helps.

15 hours ago, Horsy said:

@Reni C.  Thanx for the info.  Gee, I thought everything that was square was a "granny" square. LOL. 

You're welcome. You can call the squares whatever you want to. LOL!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/13/2020 at 8:40 PM, Horsy said:

@Reni C.  Thanx for the info.  Gee, I thought everything that was square was a "granny" square. LOL. 

I've seen this across the web -- back in the olden days when crocheters were exchanging afghan squares (by mail), it was pretty common to call anything square a granny square.  Maybe it was just something that evolved.  I have some vintage magazines that pre-date the web and there are some ads to set up a granny square exchange by mail.  People sent in their names and addresses and if there were 30 names on the list you got back, you were to send a square to all 29 names.  Sometimes the magazine would do a followup article with photos.  If you look at what got exchanged, a lot of times it was just a square.

• Like 1