Help is needed!

Kaylor

Question

Hello! I am currently starting this crochet pattern and I am confused.. Down below are pictures of the doll and the part of that pattern that is confusing to me. (This part of the pattern is the wig.)

Thanks so much!               -Kaylor

3070972D-952F-4447-8DBD-AE6861F48051.jpeg

C02352F1-417E-4698-B923-02208C8C77D7.jpeg

3 answers to this question

That  doll is adorable!

Looking at round 1:  Does the pattern define NJ--new join I assume? Also, BL and FL are pretty standard abbreviations (back loop, front loop), and I'm guessing BB is back bump.  Actually the part that made me tilt my head is 'crochet 13 times' but it makes sense if you sub 'repeat' for 'crochet'.  

Round 1 looks like you are making the hair strands for the back of the hair first (24 stitches), and then the shorter bangs (8 stitches).  I assume rounds 1-4 are in  rounds and in yellow, top of the head down; the new round 1 is made by: *make a long chain (which is the base of a strand of hair) and slip stitch back to the 'scalp', repeat from *, with the long hair being across 24 chains sticking out of the head (and 22 slip stitches back to the head), and the bangs being across 8 chains and 6 slip stitches back to the head.

I described all the things that struck me as a little 'different' or possibly hard to imagine 'where the pattern was going', is there something else does not make sense to you?  

• Like 1

Thank you SO much @Granny Square I didn’t have an issue with the ‘NJ, BL, or FL but I did with the other things you mentioned. You explained it perfectly!