badrhinogillett

2020 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas

Every year, so many of you so generously help me to give back to the hospital that saved my son's life when he was born.  I come to you, once again, asking for help.  

I collect afghans, hats etc. all year long and deliver once a year to Oakland Children's Hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area.  

If you would like to help, the NICU can use any sized afghan.  It cares for babies from extreme preemie (think chunky Barbie Doll size) to one year old babies.  The smaller the baby, the liklihood of more monitors (so less holes is better for that size).  If you feel moved to make something for an older child, the hospital cares for children up to 18 years old... so, truly anything you want to make will find a child that needs/loves it.

I also have a facebook group for the collection.  You can access it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/303209316470887/

Once again, thank you for thinking of the babies!

• Like 1

Great to see your post for this year's blanket drive. I sent you two blankets earlier and will try and do some more soon.