Vicky

Vickyu

Question

1 answer to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

There are a couple of possibilities I can guess at, but it would help if I could see what the finished thing looked like - what is the name & source of the pattern, or is there a link where I can see the finished item?

Meanwhile, my guesses: 

(1) Because it says "in" next tr of row 1, which is 3 rows below, I'm imagining a scenario where there is at least a 1 chain gap over that stitch (in other words, row 2 said something like "chain 1, skip the next tr" at that point, which leaves the top of that tr exposed so you can now to work into it.

(2) Similar to the above, if you are working in the round same side facing, it may have had you work that tr in row 1 in the back loop, leaving the front loop unused, and now you are to reach down from row 4 and insert the hook in that front loop and make a raised stitch over the surface of the fabric; I have seen this technique used in lace doilies.  This would NOT be a possibility if you were working in rows & turning, you could only jump down an even # of rows (like row 4 to row 2, not 1) because the skipped front on the back side of the fabric if you skipped an odd number of rows.  (this sounds more complicated than it is...)

(3) You are shaping something with short rows (rows that don't go all the way across), and you are being asked to 'jump off a cliff' with your next stitch, if that makes sense--but this is sort of a big jump if so, it's more usual to 'jump' 2 rows down, not 3 for shaping.

(4) Less likely because of the wording, is that you are to make a post stitch around (not in) that treble, but it should have said front or back post if this was the case.