Just Found Crochetville

CarrieMann

How did I never find this place before?!? I'm excited to explore this site and admire everyone's creations. I've been crocheting for about 10 years now but still feel very much like a beginner. I mainly use cotton yarn and make kitchen itemsn (dishcloths, potholders, etc.) mainly because I usually don't have a lot of time to devote to a project. Plus, I tend to get bored if it's the same stitch over and over for very much - like traditional afghans. My mom crocheted when I was younger, and she was taught by my great-grandmother. My mom mainly made afghans and doilies. I mainly remember my granny making the toppers for tea towels and giving those as Christmas presents. One day I would like to learn filet crochet, but I don't think that will be anytime soon. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you!

• Like 1

Welcome to the 'ville! 

Psst, filet crochet, the traditional doily sort, is nothing but US DCs and chains -- really.  If you can do those stitches, and count to 3, you are 99% of the way there.   Hass design has a really nice instruction section, see the menu at the top of the link (when you click on a section, like basic filet techniques, there's a video at the top but also scroll down for a stitch diagram that matches the open or closed meshes (& variations) you will see on the corresponding pattern grid.  

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁