Crochet chart

CindyT52

Question

I would like to create a chart from a photo of my high school yearbook.  We are planning our 50th class reunion, which we unfortunately had to postpone because of the virus.  I would like to make an afghan from the cover art on our graduation yearbook to raffle off at the dinner we plan to have.  The proceeds would be donated to a fund called “Erin’s Angels” that provides lunches for students that can’t afford them in our school district.  I’ve tried a few sites and am not getting the result I want.  Any help would be appreciated.

ABE7B944-F2DB-4513-B905-4A2DEC54A7A7.jpeg

2 answers to this question

The way I make graphs for my graphghans is to upload the photo to knitpro.  In a couple of seconds, knitpro will spit out the graph.  I print it to a PDF and then on ledger/tabloid size because of my eyesight -- usually at Fedex Office or my library.  I decide on the colors (6 at the most!) and then go over the printed chart with magic marker or with colored pencils to make color decisions on the inbetween squares.

PS: If I know I'm going to use the all SC method, I resize my photo ahead of time in Paint to make the height 120% instead of 100%.  My SCs are not square, so my grahghans will have a flattened look about them if I don't resize first.  Then I use the taller image in knitpro. 

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

I like the link Renic provided with a tutorial -- I had been looking for a program where I could make color decisions before printing.