Kansas City Chiefs/Royals Afghan

Tampa Doll

This will be delivered today and when it is, I will change the title.

I asked on the FB group Free Graph Ghans if I could get a graph for the KC Chiefs (football) and the KC Royals (baseball) teams.  This is the graph I got and it was fun to make.   Grandmom's Graph made it for me.  She is also on Ravelry.  I find her graphs are very reasonable and I have yet to see one she could not make.

Anyway, this package is in town and it should be delivered today.  I had fun making it and I love the way it turned out.  The ghan is on my Queen size bed.

DSC04486.JPG

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

Really nice!. Nice colors.

I do not know much about sports, I was never interested in. I guess sports & cooking are those two things that I never like to spend my time on it LOL

My kids are the same. My son is very tall (6'5"). People always were asking him: "do you play basketball"??., his answer was : "No". Than they said: "You should!". His heart was always in music. By the time he graduated from High School he played 4 diferent musical instruments beautifully in two Music Bands. On the end he became an attorney. But he still plays music :). Sometimes he is invated to play in a Concerts. We all playing musical instruments in this family. Both of my granddaughters are having a ball playing piano here. None of them want to play sports :(.

Krys

• Like 1

Thank you. 

I was never good at playing even in school. I was always the kid that got picked last. 

But I do enjoy watching the pros play.  I like pro Hockey and Football.  

Looks wonderful! It will be loved I'm sure.

I was thinking of doing a graph-ghan for my SIL for Christmas, except the Arizona Cardinals or his favorite Nascar driver. It would have to be huge though as he is 6'4". I really wonder if I have that much patience anymore.

• Like 1

Its mine! Its mine!  At our house dh is the Royals fan but I do love their logo and blue is my fav color.  I am the Chiefs fan.  After living long enough to  see the Royals win two World series my prayer was to please live long enough to see the Chiefs win a second Super Bowl and they did.  My favorite photo from that game is the photo of the 49ers posing in the end zone a bit prematurely.  I have it saved to my phone.  Makes me happy every time I scroll by it.  Now I have this lovely ghan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all and Brenda, I am so glad you and DH like it.

It has been sitting in the craft room for about a month.  When I started it was cool and it was the begining of the lock down.

The person who did the graph, does a great job.  Not only does she do the graph, she tells you what colors she recommends and how much yarn is needed.  Thank goodness you don't have a hockey or basketball team.  :rofl

Well, enjoy and it should keep you warm when the winter weather comes.

9 hours ago, bgs said:

Its mine! Its mine!  At our house dh is the Royals fan but I do love their logo and blue is my fav color.  I am the Chiefs fan.  After living long enough to  see the Royals win two World series my prayer was to please live long enough to see the Chiefs win a second Super Bowl and they did.  My favorite photo from that game is the photo of the 49ers posing in the end zone a bit prematurely.  I have it saved to my phone.  Makes me happy every time I scroll by it.  Now I have this lovely ghan.

I knew it will be yours!!. Because here are only two of you that just LOVE talking about all those sports games.....! LOL

17 hours ago, ReniC said:

I was thinking of doing a graph-ghan for my SIL for Christmas, except the Arizona Cardinals or his favorite Nascar driver. It would have to be huge though as he is 6'4". I really wonder if I have that much patience anymore

Reni, just scale down and make for him a Lapghan :)

My son is very tall too. I think he grow taller than I stated above. He was 6'5" when he graduated from High School, I do know he is taller now. If you look at my profile picture here. On the left side of me there is something dark next to me. That was son at Harvard University in Cambridge. Look at that horizantal line above my eyes, that his shoulder! LOL I am 5'6" tall. He got his Law Degree from Harvard too. He loved Harvard so he just kept on going there ... I was not crazy about that place.  They do not take care of those students as they should for that kind of money.

Krys

2 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Thank you all and Brenda, I am so glad you and DH like it.

It has been sitting in the craft room for about a month.  When I started it was cool and it was the begining of the lock down.

The person who did the graph, does a great job.  Not only does she do the graph, she tells you what colors she recommends and how much yarn is needed.  Thank goodness you don't have a hockey or basketball team.  :rofl

Well, enjoy and it should keep you warm when the winter weather comes.

And you got the teams aligned so that the Chiefs are on my side of the bed and Royals on his side. That was cool too.  Sent photos to sis and niece and they both said its amazing.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bgs said:

And you got the teams aligned so that the Chiefs are on my side of the bed and Royals on his side. That was cool too.  Sent photos to sis and niece and they both said its amazing.   

This was pure luck, or you would of had to change sides of the bed.:rofl

On 5/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, USpolishgirl said:

Reni, just scale down and make for him a Lapghan :)

My son is very tall too. I think he grow taller than I stated above. He was 6'5" when he graduated from High School, I do know he is taller now. If you look at my profile picture here. On the left side of me there is something dark next to me. That was son at Harvard University in Cambridge. Look at that horizantal line above my eyes, that his shoulder! LOL I am 5'6" tall. He got his Law Degree from Harvard too. He loved Harvard so he just kept on going there ... I was not crazy about that place.  They do not take care of those students as they should for that kind of money.

Krys

Amazing story about your son. Is he always asked if he played basketball like my SIL is? I'm still on the fence about the blanket. It's hard to get yarn here right now. I have plenty of time though- at least a couple of months anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...