Help with instructions

KarenH

Question

I am looking to understand what I have to do next on my pattern.  Pattern says 1 dc into the bed of each st in the previous round - what does this mean?

I am ok with double crochet stitches, but I don't understand where I need to place my hook. 

Many thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

That's an odd one!  I don't know, unless it means to go into the bottom of that stitch somehow, I guess into the same spot that stitch is anchored.  Which seems like it'd be difficult and awkward to do, and I don't know why you'd want to.....unless it's making some kind of fold.

could be a typo but I don't know what was intended in that case.  

what is the name and location of the pattern?  

It sounds possibly like you are working around the stitch in the row below, to reinforce it or maybe just for decoration?  Like the red stitches below?  I inserted my hook in the same spot that the stitch I'm surrounding was made into (it wasn't difficult to spot, I held it up to the light to find the little gap under the stitch to poke into), it looks the same front and back.  You can see the bottom of the red stitches are more elongated because of being 'stretched over' the grey ones.  

This is just a guess...

scan0014.jpg

• Like 1

Appreciate the responses. I have attached the picture of what I am trying to make (bought from Aldi) and the pattern - it is the plant pot I am making and is the last round.  I think you will be right Granny Square, so will give this a go.

IMG_20200501_110902654.jpg

IMG_20200501_110852507.jpg

What an adorable pattern!  I'm happy my guess worked out, this is an unusual maneuver and it could have given a little more explanation...

I should have mentioned above - I'm in the US and I interpreted it using US crochet terms, sorry--it makes a lot more sense visually using UK DC (US SC).