Granny stripe - how to repair?

Lindsy

Question

I'm making a granny stripe blanket.  I realized I am going to have to rip out a row.  Not a big deal except that my error is about 12 rows back.  Each row is started and ended on it's own so when I rip out that row I'll have 12 perfectly good rows.  My question is this - is there a way to save these rows and reattach them? Or do I just rip them all and re-crochet?

2 answers to this question

Welcome to the 'ville!

And I have bad news, nope, you are going to have to rip.  I've been crocheting for decades and if I could have magically "banked" all the stitches I've ripped out and conjure a withdrawal into a project with them now, I'd have enough stitches to carpet my neighborhood.  Some of that was due to mind changes, but lots of mindless oops in there too.

It's easy to get into a 'zone' when you are crocheting and watching TV and that's when you are (or at least, I am) more likely to goof and not notice.  A good habit to get into is to STOP and admire/quality inspect your work carefully every couple of rows.  Better to rip back 2 rows than 22.