Seeking ideas

Cal

Question

Okay - so I have to wear a face shield for work (hospital worker). 

While I’m grateful for that bit of PPE, the dang things squish my head/brain. My coworkers that don’t have to leave central pharmacy can wear baseball caps under theirs as “padding”... and I can’t do that. I have to have something washable since I am potentially exposed to the virus multiple times a day at work. I was thinking a headband, but I’m open to all suggestions! Thanks in advance! 

6 answers to this question

I think you are on to something with the headband idea for the plastic shield, to bad it wouldn't be as simple as the mask 'helper' above.  I'd consider making it in cotton, I imagine it would keep you cooler than acrylic would.  Or a cotton 'messy bun' hat, I'm not sure how much coverage you would need but I'm thinking an open top might be cooler.

Thank you both! 

I have actually already been making the “mask mates” as I call them for over a week. They dooo work very well! One thing I have learned in making them (and using them), is that the shorter length ones (3in) aren’t quite long enough. Probably great for kids, not so great for adults. I’ve been making mine at LEAST 4.5 inches long. 

The one in the picture I’m adding is 5inches long. I’ve been debating on making them just a tad wider for extra strength. 

850FB3D5-6F36-487C-A8E0-22ED1149AA26.jpeg

I'm taking your advice on the length of the mask mates. My niece in L.A. is making masks for the hospital she works at and thought these would be a nice surprise for her to include.

On a different note, This pattern looks pretty cool for ponytails. 

Edited by ReniC