layettes

Nanam3site

Question

6 answers to this question

There is not a specific browser for searching for any fiber arts patterns. Use whatever Internet browser you usually use. Type in your search bar crochet baby layettes. Some will come up as free patterns, some will be for sale. Also, some will be great patterns to follow and some not so great. It's basically a big search and might become time consuming.

Crochet Pattern Central has many patterns, but, some links may be broken as the site is not tended to consistently.

Another source is Ravelry.

And don't forget to check out the individual yarn company sites such as Yarnspirations and Lion Brand as they offer free patterns. 

Edited by ReniC

Crochetville is mostly a 'chat' forum for crocheters; if you go to the main menu you will see a 'pattern section' here where members can post their original patterns (by typing the pattern in a post), and another where they can post a link to other patterns hosted elsewhere they thought was nifty.  But like I said, this site is focused on chat, not patterns, so there is no organization to the pattern types.

Also, this site has been around for a while 15 years), members come and go, and a lot of older links might be 'dead' now.  And I've encountered people referring to a pattern that used to be posted here, that the poster removed for whatever reason, so you may do a search on 'layette' and find people talking about 'MarySmith's adorable layette pattern' and not find the actual pattern.

I just noticed Bgs mentioned that there IS a search engine, I was just about to suggest trying it-but I agree it is...not very discriminating.

To use search - go to one of the pattern sections, example 'free original patterns'.  Every page has a search box at the top, but it helps to narrow down the search if you go to the section you think what you are looking for might be found in--the dialog box will ask you where to look, like 'everywhere' or 'this forum', so...I just went to free original patterns, typed layette in the search box, and told it to search 'in this forum' and many posts came up; I didn't look at them, but I imagine there were just a few posts with patterns in them and 10x more post that said 'cute pattern, thanks for sharing'.  

Edited by Granny Square

Granny Square I love you so much!  I am on mobile version and have had mega problems searching here ever since they did the last major upgrade.  Before there was the option for me to select which forum to search in like the pattern section but after that upgrade it no longer comes up. The options that do come up are never of any help to me.   I did not realize I could go to  free original patterns and it would just search there.  And funny after I search there a box opens up to select other forums.  

Edited by bgs

:blush Aw, shucks! 

Whoa, I was wondering what you meant about a box opening up so I just poked at it again...I usually type in a search word before hitting the magnifying glass and I just accidentally hit the glass without typing something and all sorts of options pop up.  Now I'm more impressed with the search function...(I'm on a PC)

20 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

:blush Aw, shucks! 

Whoa, I was wondering what you meant about a box opening up so I just poked at it again...I usually type in a search word before hitting the magnifying glass and I just accidentally hit the glass without typing something and all sorts of options pop up.  Now I'm more impressed with the search function...(I'm on a PC)

I do so miss instructions on how things work.  I hate this era where they say just play with it.  You will figure it out.