recommendation in Dallas

Guest julianscat

Guest julianscat

I was on a trip to Dallas this past weekend and wanted to tell everyone I had a positive experience at Yarn and Stitches at Coit and Arapaho. They seemed crochet-friendly and I picked up my copy of Interweave Crochet there. They also had a number of bargain bins and the nice yarns seemed pretty reasonably priced. I was there on a Saturday afternoon and there were women sitting in the store knitting and crocheting.

Emily

Hazelnut Reflections

• 1 month later...

Can I also recommend the Woolie Ewe at Custer and 15th in Plano - just north of big D. They cater to knitting - but have wonderful yarn and the ladies there are always so friendly and helpful. They have some crochet books and I just love looking at all their finished works. Great shop!

• 7 months later...

I love Yarn Heaven in Arlington, Texas. I have frequented Woolie Ewe and Yarn and Stitches. I love Yarn Heaven because they are crochet friendly and have lots of crochet patterns. Even the swatches are done in crochet and knit. I think Tarie, the owner,wants everyone to feel welcome in her shop and does crochet herself. I love to knit as well, but I sometimes prefer to crochet.

I like that store too. Simpatico Yarns in Bedford is also nice. The selection is smaller, but the owner was so nice and helpful, and I noticed they sold Cascade 220 for $1 or $2 cheaper than I'd bought it at Yarn Heaven.

Anyone in the area been to Jennings Street Yarns? It's in Ft. Worth.

I like Yarn heaven too, I could get lost for hours there. There is a large and lovely selection of yarns, tons of patterns, a little spot for well behaved kiddo's to play while you shop, and the owner and staff are very friendly, My only complaint is price. There is not much there that I can afford yarn wise, at least not for a larger project or a whole sweater. But I do love to go there and look and dream and hunt for patterns etc.

I like that store too. Simpatico Yarns in Bedford is also nice. The selection is smaller, but the owner was so nice and helpful, and I noticed they sold Cascade 220 for $1 or $2 cheaper than I'd bought it at Yarn Heaven.

Anyone in the area been to Jennings Street Yarns? It's in Ft. Worth.

Do you know where in Ft. Worth the store is located? I hadn't realized that there was one.

• 1 month later...

It's on Jennings Avenue, off I-30 just outside downtown FtW. Here's a link to their site. http://www.jsyarns.com/index.html

They're closed on Mondays; I only mention that because I forgot to check their store hours before I ventured over there one afternoon, only to be disappointed. Just as well; I went to Yarn Heaven instead. :) Someday I will check this place out though.

I am so excited about what I am reading! First off, I didn't even realize there was an Interweave Crochet! We only have 2 LYS in the entire state of Oklahoma, so it's good to know there are some great LYS so close (My husband and I are in Dallas a lot). Thanks so much for the info.

Your northern neighbor

Archived