Looking for this Angel Pattern

Bacornel

Question

Hey Y'all from Georgia,

My aunt passed recently and she crocheted this.  I am trying to find a pattern.  I tried crocheting just from the picture, but I am not very good at that (apparently).  Ignore the coloring, that is just where I was trying mark the different rows.  It should be all white.

I really appreciate any help on this, as my aunt was very special to me, and got me started crocheting in my childhood, I am now 57.  So you would think I would be better at figuring this out.  

I have another question too, but I will post it in separate post, it's completely off point from the angel.

Sincerely,

Bacornel

20200302_170059.jpg

10 answers to this question

10 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

All I could find was a Pinterest pin that said it was from an Annie's Attic kit.  it might be worth contacting Annie's in case they can give you any info.  

That's what I found also. The kit is called "Pineapple Angel Doilies". 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ReniC said:

That's what I found also. The kit is called "Pineapple Angel Doilies". 

Ah, i didn't catch the name of the kit, that will help in trying to find it.    I feel like an older kit will be harder to locate than an older book would be.  but Maybe on eBay...?  

Bacornel, Maggie's Crochet has several angels that are similar, if that's of interest https://www.maggiescrochet.com/collections/angel-patterns

25 minutes ago, magiccrochetfan said:

if you do make an angel, be sure to post a pic of it so we can see :hook

I will probably try to take something from a bunch of different ones and make something - hopefully nice.  I am not very imaginative, are innovative.  I like work off of tried and true patterns.  Does that make me a thief?  Hopefully not.

But I will post anything I come with, I may even try to write down a pattern.  Which I will share for free.  I believe in sharing, especially since I use so many other's patterns.  

I have about 3 different doily projects going on right now, with this quarantine.  Plus, I love gardening, doing a little of that too.

But I am able to work from home, so that is good.  Not effecting my job, like so many others.

You have been ever so helpful.  

1 hour ago, Jennie G. said:

I found a chart that somebody from Argentina (I think) made, but it's on Pinterest.  It looks like the same angel.  Is it okay to post the link?

I would think the Pinterest link is ok, but I am knew to this site so it would be better to ask Kathy.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Jennie G. said:

I found a chart that somebody from Argentina (I think) made, but it's on Pinterest.  It looks like the same angel.  Is it okay to post the link?

The pattern's copyright would belong to Annie's, so only they can distribute it.  So it wouldn't be ok to post it here, or link to it here.  You can review the site guidelines to see what they say about copyright.