RedRitzCL

Lilla Zoya Matyushenko

Question

Posted (edited)

I'm on row 18 and am totally baffled. I've looked on the FB page for help and still baffled. Anyone know a video or can explain, please?

Zoya Matyushenko - Lilla.jpg

FB_IMG_1586205139022.jpg

Edited by RedRitzCL
I posted the pattern so I could explain my question better. Someone explained to me it was against the rules and I needed to delete it.

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

What a gorgeous doily, actually this was on my lengthy list of doily favorites I've tagged on Ravelry.  I'm going to post a link where one can download the pattern, you should delete the pdf from your post as it violates forum rules, even tho it's a free pattern.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lilla-7

I was expecting a diagrammed pattern, I think all of the Russian patterns I've seen are diagrammed (and diagrams are so easy to follow versus written ones!).  It's OK to post a row or 2 of a pattern tho, so:

Row 18: (SLST, CH 1, 3 SC) in first space, (SC, Beginning SPLIT-DTR, SC) in next space, *3 SC in next space, (SC, SPLIT-DTR, SC) in next space* around. Join. [28 SPLIT-DTR, 140 SC]

Stitch definitions for stitches that are a bit uncommon from the above: 

Beginning SPLIT-DTR: Holding back the last loop of both stitches, DTR from top to bottom through center of marked FP-SPLIT-DC, skip 1 FP-SPLIT-DC, DTR from bottom to top through center of next FP-SPLIT-DC, yarn over, pull through all three loops on hook.

SPLIT-DTR: Holding back the last loop of both stitches, DTR from top to bottom through center of the same FP-SPLIT-DC as the second leg of last SPLIT-DTR, skip 1 FP-SPLIT-DC, DTR from bottom to top through center of next FP-SPLIT-DC, yarn over, pull through all three loops on hook.

FP-SPLIT-DC:  Holding back the last loop of both stitches, FP-DC around the same TR as the second leg of the last FP-SPLIT-DC made, then FP-DC around next TR, yarn over, pull through all three loops on hook.

FPDC:  Front post DC

Just in general, a normal cluster is made into 1 stitch, by partially completing some number of stitches, and then completing all the stitches in 1 final yarn over and pull-thru.  A 'split' anything is a cluster of at least 2 stitches, made into 2 different stitches, like this /.\ * where you make the first part of the cluster into (usually) 1 stitch, possibly skipping some stitches, and make the second part of the cluster in a second stitch and then connect the 2 halves of the cluster.  

The 'split' and 'FP' was the only things that stood out to me as possibly out of the ordinary.  I don't have a way of making a video, but both front post and back post stitches, as well as split clusters, have videos on Youtube that might not be 100% identical to this pattern, but hopefully help with the concept.

*my 'diagram' skipped 1 stitch, but the pattern skips more - I did that so the 2 stitches would sort of look joined at the top)

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1

I am sooooooooo very thankful to you! I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I was almost ready to chuck the whole thing. Now I'll be merrily on my way to crocheting it again. Thank you again! I only wish I'd come here first. 

Happy to help, glad all that made sense.  Enjoy your project!