LOOKING for pattern. PICTURE HERE

USpolishgirl

Question

Very pretty and feminine blanket. I looked through all my baby blanket books and did a search online but couldn't find anything. It does remind me of Terry Kimbrough patterns but I did not see it listed in her pattern books. Was this a online photo?

35 minutes ago, ReniC said:

Very pretty and feminine blanket. I looked through all my baby blanket books and did a search online but couldn't find anything. It does remind me of Terry Kimbrough patterns but I did not see it listed in her pattern books. Was this a online photo?

Hi Reni:). Yes that picture was post on FB. BUT, that person dos NOT want to answer  ANY questions about that pattern. Many people were asking her about that. She did said she maid that blanket. Some people there just take someone else pictures & posts as their work. That is usually the case when that person will NOT answer ANY questions about pattern or any other questions about that project. I guess they just love to get a lot of compliments for other people work LOL.

I really wish I could find that pattern. My friend second grandbaby (girl) was born about a week ago.

Thank you for trying to help :)

Krys

15 hours ago, USpolishgirl said:

Hi Reni:). Yes that picture was post on FB. BUT, that person dos NOT want to answer  ANY questions about that pattern. Many people were asking her about that. She did said she maid that blanket. Some people there just take someone else pictures & posts as their work. That is usually the case when that person will NOT answer ANY questions about pattern or any other questions about that project. I guess they just love to get a lot of compliments for other people work LOL.

I really wish I could find that pattern. My friend second grandbaby (girl) was born about a week ago.

Thank you for trying to help :)

Krys

I think this is it, a kit: Kit

Oops, they are not filling orders right now because of the covid-19.

Edited by ReniC

12 hours ago, ReniC said:

I think this is it, a kit: Kit

Oops, they are not filling orders right now because of the covd-19.

Thank you very much :). I am just wondering how did you find that so fast...?? :)

I sent to them email about that order & delivery time?. I did have one more question about "Dye Lots" because I would like to buy 4 extra balls of that yarn same as in that Kit.  They probably will not know.  They are saying they will resume shipping orders on 4/14/2020. I think I better wait with that order.

Thank you very much :)

Krys 

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Thank you very much :). I am just wondering how did you find that so fast...?? :)

I sent to them email about that order & delivery time?. I did have one more question about "Dye Lots" because I would like to buy 4 extra balls of that yarn same as in that Kit.  They probably will not know.  They are saying they will resume shipping orders on 4/14/2020. I think I better wait with that order.

Thank you very much :)

Krys 

I typed in my search bar "crochet lacy baby blanket" and it came up on the second page.

I hope you get a good response for the kit. It is a beautiful pattern. If not, since you are so good at crochet, you could make a center of the blanket with small popcorns, then add a border with a pattern like this or one of theseOr, reverse engineer a similar border from the photo. Whatever you decide to do, keep us posted.

Well done finding the pattern Reni!   but why did you have to go and link to MyPicot, I always get lost (timewise) wandering around looking at the pretty patterns there... :lol

....still poking around...ah, this might be the stitch for the center part, "Blackberry Salad" of all names https://newstitchaday.com/how-to-crochet-the-blackberry-salad/

13 hours ago, ReniC said:

I typed in my search bar "crochet lacy baby blanket" and it came up on the second page.

I hope you get a good response for the kit. It is a beautiful pattern. If not, since you are so good at crochet, you could make a center of the blanket with small popcorns, then add a border with a pattern like this or one of theseOr, reverse engineer a similar border from the photo. Whatever you decide to do, keep us posted.

You are amazing how fast you found that pattern! :).. That thought would never cross my mind to search for "crochet lacy baby blanket". Yes that is very clear what that is 1 :).. But sometimes we get (me this time) "mental block" LOL

Thank you for giving me a credit -" as a good crocheter". Believe it or not I do not have very much experience crocheting with "fancy stitches". I been too busy crocheting Amigurumi for my grandkids and for other kids.   So far I did not got reply from Mary Maxim, maybe I will get this week?, or maybe not at all LOL. At this times you never know..?. Maybe they took a break from  reading their email too.

Thank you for border links they are very nice :). I might have to come up with "my own pattern" using one of those borders :).  The problem is I can not wait too long. That baby is born already. And I really do not think that blanket can be done in week or two. There will be a lot of work specially with that border......:(.

Thank You very much! :).

I Wish You & Your Family "Happy Easter"! :). I know it will not be as happy as in previous years. But we all need to make the best of it. Specially for our young once.

Easter Hugs:)

Krys

13 hours ago, Granny Square said:

Well done finding the pattern Reni!   but why did you have to go and link to MyPicot, I always get lost (timewise) wandering around looking at the pretty patterns there... :lol

....still poking around...ah, this might be the stitch for the center part, "Blackberry Salad" of all names https://newstitchaday.com/how-to-crochet-the-blackberry-salad/

Kay Thank You very much! :)

Thank you for all explanations you sent me yesterday. I was very surprised because that must took up a lot of your time. Thank you for that "Blackberry Salad" stitch link. I never knew that kind stitch exist LOL. If I decide to do it on my own without that pattern - KIT from Mary Maxim because of that looong wait that might be to get that. I am sure that with your help & Reni help I will be OK making that blanket :)

I do have another idea. I just do not know if that will work with Mary Maxim?. I will ask them if they would be willing to sell me that pattern ONLY & Email that to me NOW!. I would pay them just only for that pattern 15 - 20 Bucks. I know they do not like to do that, But for that price maybe?? Having good pattern would make my work a lot easier & faster.

Anyway I am not very crazy about their Baby yarn either. I do think that "Paint Box yarn" is better quality. Do you think that would be a good substitution when it comes to yarn weight? : https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/p/paintbox-yarns-baby-dk   I do like that yarn.

Thank again for everything:)

Happy Easter to You and Your Family:)

Easter Hugs:)

Krys

14 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I think you did mentioned yesterday. That blanket picture above might be up-side down. I turned that up right. Do you think that is how that blanket looks (the right way - up) all those stitches are looking that way??

Krys

image.png.56a6c5ab098b55b6106ee491e9ae6f52.png

I have never used the paintbox yarn so can't comment on how it works up.  Lots of pretty colors but notice the skeins are pretty small. only 183 yards, so make sure you buy enough.  

I flipped the blanket yet another way to match the blackberry salad pic orientation, it seems to be pretty close.  I also played a little bit with the contrast to make the white stitches stand out a little better.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

Edited by Granny Square

On 4/5/2020 at 10:18 AM, Granny Square said:

Gotcha' LOL! I know, MyPicot really pulls you in. It's such a pretty site for stitches and patterns. I'm not sure about the Blackberry Salad stitch because it looks to me like a row of a flatter stitch between each popcorn style row. What do you think?

ETA: Now that I look again at the Blackberry Salad stitch, I may be wrong about the flat row of stitches between each of the popcorn rows. Would the popcorns protrude on both sides? It's been a long time since I've used that stitch.

***Now I'm really confused since I looked at a project of this pattern on Ravelry. It doesn't look like the Popcorn stitch to me. I wish I wouldn't get so obsessed about these things.

Edited by ReniC

Hi Reni, I picked the Blackberry stitch because the popcorn was tilted like the blanket photo, and also because I was looking for 'flatter stuff' between the popcorns, which I also saw in the blanket. 

TBH I didn't even read the construction instructions  when I posted it, I was just going by the appearance --  now that I have looked more closely, it's a 5 DC cluster not a popcorn, and they tilt by being pulled down by SCs between the clusters; the clusters happen in the even rows, odd rows are straight DC.  It may not be exactly the same stitch as the blanket, but is a fair imitation I think.

ETA, I must have blinked when you added your ETA.  Actually I'm thinking there's no reason you couldn't sub popcorns for clusters...but either way they'd only be on 1 side, since there is a plain row between, the bumpy rows are made with the same 'bump' side facing, right?  

Edited by Granny Square

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

I have never used the paintbox yarn so can't comment on how it works up.  Lots of pretty colors but notice the skeins are pretty small. only 183 yards, so make sure you buy enough.  

I flipped the blanket yet another way to match the blackberry salad pic orientation, it seems to be pretty close.  I also played a little bit with the contrast to make the white stitches stand out a little better.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

The paint box yarn is soft, but can have a tendency to split.  Not all the time.  I love the feel of it when I am finished with the pattern.

1 hour ago, Granny Square said:

Hi Reni, I picked the Blackberry stitch because the popcorn was tilted like the blanket photo, and also because I was looking for 'flatter stuff' between the popcorns, which I also saw in the blanket. 

TBH I didn't even read the construction instructions  when I posted it, I was just going by the appearance --  now that I have looked more closely, it's a 5 DC cluster not a popcorn, and they tilt by being pulled down by SCs between the clusters; the clusters happen in the even rows, odd rows are straight DC.  It may not be exactly the same stitch as the blanket, but is a fair imitation I think.

ETA, I must have blinked when you added your ETA.  Actually I'm thinking there's no reason you couldn't sub popcorns for clusters...but either way they'd only be on 1 side, since there is a plain row between, the bumpy rows are made with the same 'bump' side facing, right?  

I think I would prefer to work with DC clusters than popcorn stitch.  I am getting more & more information's here... that is  great! :).

I just looked at that Mary Maxim Baby's yarn (same as in that Kit). That is a Fine #2 yarn, it is a thin yarn. That paint box yarn it is DK weight yarn. That yarn might be too thick? for that  Intricate work on that border. I thought just by looking at that picture of that blanket, must be very thin yarn for that edging to look that nice. What do you think??

Thanks again :)

Krys

10 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

I think I would prefer to work with DC clusters than popcorn stitch.  I am getting more & more information's here... that is  great! :).

I just looked at that Mary Maxim Baby's yarn (same as in that Kit). That is a Fine #2 yarn, it is a thin yarn. That paint box yarn it is DK weight yarn. That yarn might be too thick? for that  Intricate work on that border. I thought just by looking at that picture of that blanket, must be very thin yarn for that edging to look that nice. What do you think??

Thanks again :)

Krys

Hi Krys! I love all the info that filters through here too. I am making a baby blanket right now in a DK #3 weight yarn and a H/8 crochet hook. I think the blanket would look just fine in this same weight, even the border.

1 minute ago, ReniC said:

Hi Krys! I love all the info that filters through here too. I am making a baby blanket right now in a DK #3 weight yarn and a H/8 crochet hook. I think the blanket would look just fine in this same weight, even the border.

Reni that would be great! :). I do NOT like to crochet with very thin yarns or crochet thread. I hate tiny stitches! LOL. And I do not think that very THIN blanket would be good for a baby here in IL. Maybe for FL.

I still did not got any reply from MM. There is a Tel number I might call them tomorrow with my offer for pattern only LOL

Thank You :)

Krys

21 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni that would be great! :). I do NOT like to crochet with very thin yarns or crochet thread. I hate tiny stitches! LOL. And I do not think that very THIN blanket would be good for a baby here in IL. Maybe for FL.

I still did not got any reply from MM. There is a Tel number I might call them tomorrow with my offer for pattern only LOL

Thank You :)

Krys

I hope it works out and you get the pattern. Happy Easter!    :rabbit

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

I dunno, last baby blanket I made was with Bernat Baby yarn (sport weight, US#2) and used an I hook, so it was thin-ish but not particularly tiny stitches.  But then I mostly work with doily thread so...my :2c is worth just that :lol 

Just saw your Easter present to us as I was about to hit reply Reni, very pretty!

2 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I dunno, last baby blanket I made was with Bernat Baby yarn (sport weight, US#2) and used an I hook, so it was thin-ish but not particularly tiny stitches.  But then I mostly work with doily thread so...my :2c is worth just that :lol 

Just saw your Easter present to us as I was about to hit reply Reni, very pretty!

WHAT Easter present? :)

Krys

2 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

:think   I wonder if she meant to post it in another thread and realized the goof and deleted them, not noticing my comment.  It was a photo of several gorgeously painted Easter eggs.

OK :). I was looking..... around here for that "present" LOL

28 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

OK :). I was looking..... around here for that "present" LOL

I don't know what happened to the photo I posted????

I used to paint eggs just like these and from around the world and hang them on my Easter Tree on my dining table. It was a tradition I kept up from my mother. So;

Happy Easter!  

Easter Eggs.jpg

6 minutes ago, Granny Square said:

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize you'd painted those.  They are amazing! Thanks for cheering us up in these scary times.

Thank you, that's a nice compliment, but, I did not paint these blown eggs in particular. I did paint many just like them. They have since been sold, and back then I did not think to photograph all my artwork.

Edited by ReniC