Kley

Graphgan half double crochet

Question

I am trying to double the size of the graphgan I am making for example it is a hundred Rows high 80 stitches wide so if I want to double it what I do 160 stitches wide and then do each row twice going up starting from the bottom right corner

UnicornLlama-TwoMagicPixels (1).pdf

1 answer to this question

You realize this is not a pattern intended for 1 stitch per square, like SC or HDC, right?  It is intended for the corner to corner (C2C) stitch and technique, so you aren't making a chain and working across, you are starting at 1 corner and working a right angle triangle (increasing at each side until you attain the width, then squaring it off.  Depending on your gauge, with worsted weight yarn and a largish hook each C2C square would be about 1".  The graph is 80 pixels across and 100 pixels deep, so if pixels=inches that's about the size of a twin size blanket.

But you could also work this across in SC if you want, or HDC--1 SC is pretty much square, 1 HDC is taller than square so will be harder to work with.  Do a swatch (doesn't have to be too wide, a couple of inches) of several rows of SC, and and see how many rows & stitches of SC = 1" square (example 4 stitches across, 4 rows), and the same with HDC (probably 1 fewer rows than stitches across).  If you can't get a square this way, the picture is going to be distorted.

So you would read the graph with each pixel, using my above SC example, being 4 rows across and deep.  (but don't go by my made-up numbers, do a swatch!)