Pattern help

jstaff

Question

Hi! I am looking for a very simple and basic hat pattern for an adult using a lightweight #3 yarn (it's 273 yards) that I want to use up. Any pattern/video tutorial on one that's easy to follow would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

3 answers to this question

Hi and welcome to the 'ville!

Here is a search for crochet hat patterns for DK weight yarn that have been rated as 'piece of cake' or 'easy' by those that have made them, and use less than 300 yards of DK weight, adult size, and were free.  There were 46 that came up.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#craft=crochet&difficulties=1|2&weight=dk&pc=hat&language=en&sort=best&view=captioned_thumbs . 

If you aren't a member of Ravelry I think you may have to re-enter those search parameters--type "hat" in the search box (without the " ") and pick the other info from the categories on the left side.

Try redheart.com and look for knit/crochet preemie hats. I made the one that has 48 stitches around with ww # 4 yarn and a I (J ?) hook to get a bigger size hat. You could adjust the 36 stitch pattern by adding more stitches around. Ex: [1 st in first st, 2 sts in next st], adding 18 sts for 54 sts around. With more stitches, you would have to make more rounds, 20 (22) then 2 (3) rounds post stitches.

Edited by Ellie 13