Identify a pattern

Chriss

Question

Does this pattern have a name ?

ch a multiple o 3, sc , ch, dc in the 2nd ch from hook, Skip 2 stitches, repeat, end with a sc. ch 1 , turn, sc, ch, dc , in the first stitch, Skip 2 stitches, repeat, end with a sc

Thx, Chriss

3 answers to this question

There's really not any kind of standardization to names people give to stitch patterns---more so as bloggers want to differentiate their posts so they make up a new name.  So even if you knew one name for it, that wouldn't necessarily help with locating other references to it.  

But are you wondering about a "traditional" name for it?  If you have a stitch dictionary, you might find a name there that people who are familiar with that book would recognize.  

i looked in my Harmony Guide 300 Stitches.  They call it Wattle stitch.  slight difference, it has you make a multiple of 3, then add 2.  row 1 skip 2 ch which count as an sc.  then row 2 you ch 1 which counts as 1 sc, then make the sc-ch-dc into the first chain between the sc and dc.  sorry , I think that may not be very clear but i don't know how to say it better.  the book has a nice stitch diagram.  

i googled wattle stitch and it looks like there are lots of online references to it, didn't look closely to see if they are exactly the same.  at least one is verbatim the directions from Harmony guide.  

Edited by magiccrochetfan