What IS this?

NotThatkind

Question

5 answers to this question

That is a row counter or stitch counter.  The little thingy on the end is so you can hang it on your knitting needle.  That is primarily how you use the, but you can sit it next to you, to count the rows.

It's a row counter.  https://www.yarnspirations.com/susan-bates-universal-knit-counter/14237.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-IiD9Pa66AIViY7ICh0JPgg2EAQYDiABEgITUvD_BwE

probably meant to use with knitting needles due to the ring which would go on a knitting needle.  

I think you turn the red part to count .  Google How to use knitting row counter, and you can probably find how to use this type.  

I think it's easier to just count my rows and place a marker every so many rows.  You can buy markers or just use a piece of yarn.  (I'm sure I'd forget to turn or click a counter and have to hand count anyway!)

1 minute ago, Tampa Doll said:

That is a row counter or stitch counter.  The little thingy on the end is so you can hang it on your knitting needle.  That is primarily how you use the, but you can sit it next to you, to count the rows.

Hi Mary Jo! :waving I didn't see your post as I was typing.  

That is ok.  I usually leave these things up to you guys, but this is one I know.  

You actually turn the white rings on the sides to change the numbers.  I have several of these.  The one I like best is the one you stick on your finger.

I tend to lose this type I suspect because they are small but I have used them and Mary Jo is right the white rings turn the numbers.  I generally get the big red Kacha counters because I find them harder to lose.  I have several of them so I can use them on multiple projects.  I've tried digital counters on my phone but it hasn't been helpful for me.

I like the idea of something I can wear.  I'd be less likely to lose it, have it fall into the couch, etc.