Stash Busting- Potholders/Hotpads

ReniC

I've been stash-busting for a few weeks now- off and on anyway. These potholders are double sided so can also be used as hot pads. All cotton, some out of Peaches & Cream, some from Lion Brand Cotton. These go in the box I keep last minute gifts in. Easy to make and now that I see the photos, I see the flaws. Oh well, so be it.

Potholders.jpg

Potholders 2.jpg

Potholders 3.jpg

Gift Box.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That square one is so clever, if it's the one I think it is. I've made it and was quite surprised that it turned out the way they said it would, I was sure it would be a mess. :)

I agree. It's my favorite potholder pattern of all. I 'm always intrigued the way it folds into a double sided square. I like it best in single crochet for the density. The two above I made are hdc in one and dc in the other. The pattern I use is from about 2014.

36 minutes ago, RecycleCindy said:

I see nothing but gorgeous potholders!

Thank you. That's kind of you to say. I hope you are holding up during this trying and frightening time. Happy Easter!

• 1 year later...

I don't see the flaws, but ... if they're bugging you still ...

I'd steam block the hotpads with a steam cloth and an iron set on cotton (with no water in it).  Soak steam cloth with cold water, place over object.  Set the hot iron on it for about 10 seconds until the hissing stops.  Pick up the iron and set it down onto another wet spot.   They will look flawless because you will have flattened them.  They won't stay that way once they start getting used ... but they will look flawless when you gift them.