Crochet decrease question

Kennady

Question

Hello 

I have been working on a cute little deer project recently! I’m working on the body and on the decrease I’m noticing the stitches keep sticking out making the decrease very visible. In the photo I have done the traditional decrease, but I have tried the invisible decrease and they both result with a bump at the decrease! If anyone could give me advice or tips on how to fix this or what I’m doing wrong I would really appreciate it!! 
thanks, Kennady 

75B86675-FDAC-4E50-BDF6-262D2DDEB6B6.jpeg

3 answers to this question

can you describe exactly how you're doing the decrease?

also there's a site called PlanetJune that has extensive info about techniques for amigurumi, I suggest you look around there for decrease info.  

9 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

can you describe exactly how you're doing the decrease?

also there's a site called PlanetJune that has extensive info about techniques for amigurumi, I suggest you look around there for decrease info.  

I am putting my hook through both loops of the stitch, wrap the yarn under my crochet hook, stick the hook into both loops of the next stitch and wrap the yarn under my crochet hook and pull through all three loops on the hook. I have also tried putting the hook only in the front loop of the stitch and it still results in this bump in my work. 

Your photo is nice and clear and stitches look ok to me, except the decrease bumps, but......When you say you wrap yarn under the hook, take a look here https://www.planetjune.com/blog/yarn-over-vs-yarn-under-in-crochet/  and see which of those you are doing.  

Otherwise your description of how you're decreasing sounds ok to me.  When I get a chance I'll try to swatch a little and see if any other ideas occur to me.  

Plenty of Villers are into amigurumi, and plenty are better than me at analyzing individual stitches, so you should get other replies soon :hook