Bonnie

Brijay2

Question

I need help on a crochet pattern. I cannot understand please help. It states to ch 25 then do a butterfly puff in 3rd ch from hook. Then states to ch 8, skip 10 ch, work 13 DC in next chain, ch 8, skip 10 ch, work butterfly puff in last ch. Turn (2 butterfly puffs, 13 DC).

After the first butterfly puff it appears that they are asking you to chain 8 and then skip 10 ch but then work 13 double crochets in the stitch after. The picture of the pattern shows only 1 chain of stitches between the 3 elements but it is asking to chain 8 after first 2 elements?  Please help losing sleep!!

8 answers to this question

I followed the directions you gave, except I don't what a butterfly puff is so I subbed a popcorn at each end instead. (edit-the only thing I found was a discrete butterfly 'critter' made of 4 puff stitches, but that didn't seem to apply here.  Since 'whatever it is' is using only 1 stitch, I don't THINK it matters a whole bunch).

The directions fit perfectly with the # of base chains given.  See my swatch below.  The bottom chain ended up looking like /\ because of the big shell and I couldn't keep it straight in the scanner.

Don't post the whole pattern, but I'd be curious if row 2 has stitches going into some of the chains of either side of the shell, which would make it seem like the chains were shorter on the first row.  (hope that makes sense)

scan0009.jpg

Edited by Granny Square

It is pretty, looks sort of like a swag but I imagine the next row(s) will pull it straight.  I looked but couldn't find anything with that name in Ravelry that looked like it could be this (lots of designers named Bonnie tho...) 

I'm posting the etsy link for reference https://www.etsy.com/listing/702402642/crochet-bralette-pattern-crochet-top?ref=shop_home_feat_4

So looking at Granny Square's photo, this part is the top of the pineapple.  So it seems like there is not an error in the pattern.  

Ah, so that's what it is going to become!  The halter is made top down so my pic is what it looks like as you make it, but upside down to how it appears on the photo, here's that part of the photo upside down so it matches how it will look as you make it...

halter.jpg

Edited by Granny Square
  • Like 1