Rockstar

Temperature blanket help!

I started a temperature afghan this year and decided to use a one sided stitch meaning you don’t turn the work after each row.  Being two months in I am beginning to worry that my edges won’t even out with blocking.  
My start end has straightened out however my end edge is definitely angled.  Is there something special I should be doing here?  
should I skip the last stitch on the end??

2D720F58-E1E2-44DC-A73B-AF32C0C8595F.jpeg

746CAB4E-6BE5-468F-AA52-07166CA32C5F.jpeg

Are you following a pattern?  Tell us which one, or if not using a pattern what kind of stitch are you using? 

The most important thing is to keep the same number of sts on every row, so be sure to count your stitches on the latest row.  

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.😁

Posted (edited)

Hi Rockstar, welcome!  And I concur that it's possible you've inadvertently added stitches, another possibility is the color changes, now that seasons are changing, may be the issue. 

Even if you are using different colors of the very same brand, there are variations in the thickness that can add up over the 100+ stitches across that are probably in 1 row of your project.  Yarn thickness is not an absolute thing, example Red Heart Super Saver and most yarns used for blankets is US #4 weight, which is defined by a 'wraps per inch' range of 9-12 WPI.

One way to tell if you are adding stitches, at one point where it seems to start be getting wider, find a stitch say 2 stitches from the end.  Follow it up (the stitch that is made into it, and all the stitches in the same column of stitches).  Does that column of stitches STAY 2 stitches from the end?  If so then you are not adding stitches and something else is going on.  (I tried to blow up your photo but couldn't follow the stitches, the resolution wasn't clear enough).

Edited by Granny Square

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Rockstar add a border it will hide this. It could have occurred because you started out with a looser stitch and stitched tighter as  things went on.