Timmy Turtle

Tampa Doll

I got the new Crochet World the other day and DH saw this turtle.  We have a friend who has had a turtle from a baby.  Remember the kid you or your kids got?  Well she still has hers.

This pattern is using ww yarn and it is 14 1/2 inches long.  I made it in thread and it is about 7 inches long, from head to tail.

Took only a couple of days to make it, but I am sure it can take just one, this small one anyway.

Timmy Turtle (1).JPG

Timmy Turtle (2).JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Awe. He's adorable. I lived in the Monterey area for 7 years and have been fascinated with sea turtles and sea otters since then. My daughter brought me back a porcelain sea turtle from Maui in September and it proudly sits on my coffee table.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I learned to crochet when I was still a child. My parents often sent me to my grandmother, and my grandmother taught me how to crochet. Now I pass on my knowledge to children. I don't have children, but I become a foster parent on weekends. I found out about this opportunity through the information here https://fosterplus.org. The kids love to knit and especially love the result of the work. We usually knit toys which we then give to other children.

Edited by Gerrtrudd
  • Like 2