Help! I can’t understand this pattern’s bad English!

Kayla Jackson

Question

Can anyone translate this pattern into normal English, or find me a link that I can understand?http://diysbook.com/post/crochet-easy-spring-loop-scarf/300306353

I love the scarf, but I have no idea what the person is saying. Not from lack of crochet knowledge, mind you, but because the person uses such poor English that nobody can understand it. Either they used a translation app, or they just have bad English skills. Help please!

2 answers to this question

I agree with BGS's rendering of the pattern.  One nice thing is that the stitch pattern is simple enough, and the copious photos clear enough, that you could draw yourself a stitch diagram from it if you like to use diagrams. 

I suspect that the designer may not have English as her first language, she has a few phrasings that are just very slightly 'odd' but I don't think this was done via a translator program.  Reading her phrasing reminds me of my US-born Grandmother who spoke mostly German for the first half of her life; she spoke English around English speakers like me but sometimes in a not-English word order.   I also think the designer made at least one typo but didn't correct the wrong word that autocorrect selected, example 'integer' in one spot I think should be 'into'.