Comfortghan request- 2 yr old killed trick-or-treating

dixieredhead

I am still in shock at what happened Halloween night. My small town of 5,000 has been overcome with grief. While out trick-or-treating, a 2 yr old little girl was accidently ran over. They flew her to children's hospital in my state. Where she later died. It is so tragic. And as more details come out, my heart mourns for this family. This is an excerpt from our online newspaper today:

Halloween Accident Results in Death

Halloween accident results in death for two-year-old Natalie Williamson of Haleyville. Natalie was trick or treating with her mother, Sherry Williamson, one other adult and other children. After leaving a residence on Marion 106, the group got back into their car and starting backing up when it was discovered that Natalie was not in the car. The driver stopped the car and the 2-year-old was found lying in front of the car. She had apparently been backed over, caught under the right front tire. Reports indicate someone other than the mother was driving the car. Services will be held at Nichols Funeral Home in Haleyville Sunday 2 PM.

I do not personally know this family, some on my hometown forum do though. I know it is a busy time of year for you all, but I am requesting just a single square, from anyone that could help. 12 inches would be great. if they are smaller I'll add on what is needed to make them fit. I have also posted on my hometown forum for any knitted, crocheted square. Cards, notes, etc. just something tangible for this family. the colors do not matter. basic acrylic yarn will be fine. As a mother, I cannot even concieve what they are going thru. God be with them. if anyone can help please let me know. I do not know a deadline, will take whatever anyone can send. Thank you all.
for the address, or PM here. Please remember this family in your thoughts and prayers.....

As a mother of two children, I can only imagine what that poor family is going through. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I am overloaded with WIP's right now, but I must put them aside and help you. Please count me in. I will try to have it done this weekend. Would you please pm me your address, so that I may mail my square out to you on Monday.

This is a nightmare for every mother. I went threw this thought with my own children and now my grandchildren.

I can't even express my sorrow for the precious family. Send me your snail mail. I have at least 2- 12"sqs. ready in my stash. Can mail tomorrow.

Ana

I was thinking pink. I will just wait until I have them all and decide a good neutral color for them. How many squares do I need? I have a total of 8 right now. Since they are 12 inches, should it be 4 squares by 4 squares? or 4x5? Sorry Ive just never made one before...

UPDATING: Thank you all for helping with this! I will let you know when the squares arrive on this thread. I received squares from Tween today. 3 gorgeous squares. Thank you all so much for helping with this.:hug After seeing all the tragic things that are happening elsewhere my heart weeps for all the pain and suffering that is happening.

Archived