CupieDoll

Pattern help

Question

Hi; I'm new here & am in need of some assistance with a pattern that I'm working. It's called Pegasus & is written by crafty intentions. This is for part 3 of the left wing. It says. In the following instructions, the slip stitches between the rows should be worked on the same side as the HDC row you just worked. Exaple; Sl St 24 all the way back between row 1 & row 2. What exactly does that mean? I uploaded the part of the pattern in question. It does not say to use a seperate piece of yarn.

3of5PegasusWingsCrochetPatternbyCraftyIntentions2019.pdf

Edited by CupieDoll
Adding more info

4 answers to this question

It sounds like what is called surface crochet, which is a way to embellish the fabric.  Does it say to use a separate piece of yarn for the sl sts?  

• Thanks 1

Link to the pattern so we can see what it looks like, that is beautiful!

Link to a tutorial for surface slip stitch; it's more like embroidery than crochet, sort of like making a chain really, except thru a piece of crochet fabric.  Is probably the part that draws the raised 'feathers' on the wings.

Edited by Granny Square
  • Thanks 1

I never knew that is called "Surface Crochet". I did that many times on a different items. Even on my Coasters LOL.