Stuck on a crochet pattern..help please

CharlotteF

Hello, I am new and just started on The crocheted Empire Swing Jacket and on row 4 it states "to fpdc around next fpdc 2 rows below, sk next st behind fpdc on this row." I am confused with the 2 rows below and the sk next st behind fpdc on this row. Exactly how do I do this? Thanks

Two rows below means just that, work the fpdc on the stitch that is located two rows below the current row. 

Skip the stitch behind the post stitch is referring to the fact that working a post stitch on a stitch leaves the top of that stitch appearing as an unworked stitch....you do not work into that top.  If I can locate a phototutorial re this I'll come back and link it, easier to see visually than to describe in words 😉

On 1/10/2020 at 10:38 PM, magiccrochetfan said:

Two rows below means just that, work the fpdc on the stitch that is located two rows below the current row. 

Skip the stitch behind the post stitch is referring to the fact that working a post stitch on a stitch leaves the top of that stitch appearing as an unworked stitch....you do not work into that top.  If I can locate a phototutorial re this I'll come back and link it, easier to see visually than to describe in words 😉

Thanks so much for the reply, I will try to locate a phototutorial also. If you find one please link it also. 

here's a tutorial by Stitchdiva https://www.stitchdiva.com/tutorials/crochet/crochet-around-the-posts-of-stitches

in the last pic, you can see clearly how the top of stitch is left unworked by the post stitch.  so that st top is the "st behind the post st" the pattern refers to.