Joining an irregular stitch in the round

Dog8myHomework

Question

Can any stitch be made into a "linked" stitch by just hooking the same loop from the prior stitch consistently throughout?  For instance, I am working with a stitch I start by pulling a loop through the middle horizontal loop from the previous stitch (like starting a linked DC) but instead of completing the stitch like normal I go through the FLO *and* a horizontal stitch from the row below (kind of like a thermal) yo, pull through those 2, then yo pull thru 2, yo pull thru 2.  How on earth do I join this thing in the round?  How does the way a stitch is constructed relate to the way it is joined?  I want the joining stitch linked to the first stitch of the round like the rest of the stitches are to each other.  Everything but the join works well.  Bless you if any of this makes sense!

2 answers to this question

I'm sorta kinda getting what you are saying, but I'm not an expert on linked stitches.

If you think about it, plain old DCs (or other plain stitches) in the round, unless you work in a spiral, go thru a different joining ritual of slip stitching and chaining up.  There are work-arounds like chainless turning DCs, but it's still 'different' than all the rest of the stitches.

I found a video for linked DC in the round, the presenter has come up with a solution but it does create a little 'seam', hopefully this is close to your stitch and gives you ideas to try.

• Like 1