Doll Outfits

Tampa Doll

I have made a couple of doll outfits for a 15" American Indian doll.  She is a little small for the patterns I have for a 15" doll.  I had to modify the 13" doll patterns.  Some work and some don't.  If you can give me ideas of where I can find patterns, that would be a big help.

So here she is in a Fancy Cowgirl outfit with boots and hat and a Dance Hall outfit, all ready to do the two-step.

Excuse the pictures, as I took them.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (2).JPG

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (5).JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I have made a couple of doll outfits for a 15" American Indian doll.  She is a little small for the patterns I have for a 15" doll.  I had to modify the 13" doll patterns.  Some work and some don't.  If you can give me ideas of where I can find patterns, that would be a big help.

So here she is in a Fancy Cowgirl outfit with boots and hat and a Dance Hall outfit, all ready to do the two-step.

Excuse the pictures, as I took them.

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (2).JPG

Charity Doll Outfits 2020 (5).JPG

Lol I just replied to other thread saying fancy cowgirl.  Most patterns I have used have required adjustments even when designed for a specific doll.  My gauge or yarn usually differs from designer

Yeah, I have that one.  All the patterns for the 15 inch dolls are either these or 16th, 17th and 18th century patterns.  Later I am going to try and make a 11 1/2 inch doll pattern.  Thanks for the help. 

For inspiration, one way to make your own pattern is to pick a tribe and search online, ie: Navajo Clothes. It helped a lot when I was doing research for a project in college. I hope you find some more patterns.

I’m working on and off in reorganizing my patterns and just came across this one.  If you like the style, it was free when I got it, it would be a good one to downsize with either fingering or size 5 thread....can’t advise which at the moment.  Hobby Lobby carries size 5 in acrylic not sure at the moment of color selection.

5F906F3A-C218-4245-8BF2-D98E90FA8105.jpeg

• 1 month later...