Pattern question

JennniferR

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi Jennifer, welcome to the 'ville!

I'm thinking that would be dodgy copyright-wise, but I've seen similar things (like a screenshot of a character in a movie or TV wearing a shawl for example).  Krys answered the same thing I was about to say more or less, you could give it a shot, no promises we'll be able to figure out the exact pattern but someone might be able to steer you to something similar-ish.

• Like 1

The video itself showing this blanket was only about 4 seconds long - it appeared as though he was using only one needle, but the other needle might not have been seen.  This is fantastic - thank you so very much.  I crochet and knit too, and this forum is wonderful!  Thank you very much!!!

17 hours ago, Granny Square said:

I both knit and crochet (better at crochet tho) and that really looks like knit stitches to me.  

I'm not sure if this is exactly it, but it looks very close https://www.studioknitsf.com/honeycomb-cable/

That looks to me like a knit not crochet (picture above). I could be wrong..

Krys

Hi Krys, yes my example was knit, I mentioned above I thought her video was showing knit and I enclosed my link to show the knit stitch I thought her video might be showing. 

The only other thing I can think of, looking at the screen shot again...it would take some experimenting but you could probably get something similar by something like:

Row 1: all DC

Row 2: 2 front post stitches into the row below, 2 DC, repeat

Row 3: all DC

Row 4: 2 DC, 2 front post stitches into the row below, repeat

This works in my head, not sure in real life but something similar should work.  I'm thinking you'd want to avoid alternating front and back posts, which is plain old basketweave stitch...although what I suggested gives you a pattern on 1 side only, basketweave is reversible.  

Or something like this maybe? https://naztazia.com/honeycomb-post-stitch/