****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

Judy, that must be scary when it happens out in public areas. Hope you usually have someone with you. Glad it at least is not too serious an issue.

Mary Jo, I'm not sure I'm ready for winter, but definitely ready to be thru with summer. We have some 70's/50's in the forecast for the end of the week. I have sooo many things that need to be done in the yard. Between the man who has helped for years with the weed eating/weeding and trimming retiring (I do the main yard with a riding mower), lack of time/energy dealing with DH and his knee surgeries, and the heat this summer, a lot of things need attention.

Bailey, I don't think I've commented, but I've enjoyed seeing all your Halloween/fall things.

Mona glad you are enjoying the posts.

This has been the weirdest summer ever. 

I'm looking forward to an extended fall.  Late winter, early spring.  We can all dream.  Seriously though I love fall.  The cooler temps are so welcome.  Not cold but cooler so you can be outside and enjoy it without freezing.  Since I haven't been able to go to the beach all summer I'm all for the cool fall weather.  I also love the colors so what's not to like.  Winter is another story.  Not looking forward to the cold weather with the addition of masks and all that.

Mona I don't envy you that yard work. We've recently changed landscapers and the new ones are very reliable...important since neither of us can do much outside.

And I was fortunate that hubby had come with me and was in the car in the parking lot! 

Here are 2 newborn sets I made from scraps.  Pale yellow color and others don't show up too well in the bright sun. 

20200906_162930.jpg

20200906_162810.jpg

• Like 3

Love the set Judianne.

Bailey4 the hot pad is so cute.

It was a nice weekend.  We got much needed rain.  To bad we can't send it to California.  They could use these storms.

Well, off to work on an graph ghan.

Have a fun day.

Hi peeps! Thanks for the compliments! On to another baby blanket for my stash...light blue and white Cosy Stripe from Attic24.

On 9/7/2020 at 1:41 PM, Bailey4 said:

Beautiful blankets.  Love the colors.

The last of the Halloween hot pads.  I'm looking at motifs to make these for other holidays.

Black Cat Hot Pad

On 9/8/2020 at 9:02 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the set Judianne.

Bailey4 the hot pad is so cute.

It was a nice weekend.  We got much needed rain.  To bad we can't send it to California.  They could use these storms.

Well, off to work on an graph ghan.

Have a fun day.

I went to open the black cat one and there wasn't any picture. given the way Frankenstein looks, I'm sure it's sweet!

On 9/9/2020 at 11:08 AM, Bailey4 said:

I found another house pattern while looking for another Halloween pattern I knew DH had gotten me as a gift.

Today we have Mr. Mallard or as DH calls him Papa Duck.  Still have 4 more ducklings and Mrs. Mallard to go but I did need a break from ducklings. :rofl

Make Way for Ducklings Mr. Mallard

Love it!

And NJ is ok with trick or treating - so far, anyway. The local PD has been doing a trunk or treat for at least a couple of years now.  They go to a parking lot have have goodies in their trunks for the kids - not sure of specifics, other than that. I know the past years they've been doing the trunk or treat it has definitely curtailed the number of trick or treaters.

Edited by judianne

My daughter lives in Haddonfield and along with Bellmawr, they have been doing the Trick or Trunk.  It turns out, they like it better than the regular Trick or Treat.  Not sure what is going on down here.  Just wondering if I need to get all the chips I give out or not.

Well back to my corner.

• Like 1

Hi peeps!

On 9/14/2020 at 12:16 PM, Bailey4 said:

Pumpkin House

I have one more house pattern that doesn't require excessive assembly so after that it will be villagers until I need to ship.

That's so cute! Love the ghost in the house....😍

On 9/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, Bailey4 said:

I mentioned before I've been trying to squeeze the Christmas ornaments in as small projects because they often get pushed to last minute projects.  If I had to do this one again I'd use sports cotton instead of thread, but another item off my list.

Gingerbread Man Ornament

Very, very nice!!

On 9/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, Bailey4 said:

I finished the "cube" for the Activity Farm box.  It still needs all the activities for but the assembly was something I'd never tried before so I'm feeling good I got this far.

Busy Box Activity Cube Frame

I would never have the patience for this! Great work....looking forward to seeing how you finish it all!

Coming into the home stretch of this project.  I can see the end of the pond.  DH said to me the other day you are a former teacher didn't you know there were 8 ducklings?  Honestly I'd never paid attention to the actual number.  In fairness I wasn't a primary teacher so my kids were mostly reading chapter books by the time I got them but I suppose I should have remembered from my children's lit classes.  That being said after this 2 ducklings and Mama Duck to go!!!

Make Way for Ducklings Nack and Ouack

This is the last of the Halloween houses for this year.  There were a couple of fairy houses that looked like they'd be easy to convert but looking at the calendar I need to finish the villagers and the Oct bday so they both can go out.  The fairy houses may appear at Easter or perhaps next year at Halloween.  We shall see how this village goes over.

Candy Corn House

I am free, I tell you free, of working with yarn for a while.  I finished my afghan this morning, got pictures and hope to get it into the mail this week.

Could come one please tell me how I can post a link without the picture showing up?  

Oh well off to my next project.

Hi peeps!

On 9/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Bailey4 said:

Coming into the home stretch of this project.  I can see the end of the pond.  DH said to me the other day you are a former teacher didn't you know there were 8 ducklings?  Honestly I'd never paid attention to the actual number.  In fairness I wasn't a primary teacher so my kids were mostly reading chapter books by the time I got them but I suppose I should have remembered from my children's lit classes.  That being said after this 2 ducklings and Mama Duck to go!!!

Make Way for Ducklings Nack and Ouack

Soo cute!

On 9/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, Bailey4 said:

This is the last of the Halloween houses for this year.  There were a couple of fairy houses that looked like they'd be easy to convert but looking at the calendar I need to finish the villagers and the Oct bday so they both can go out.  The fairy houses may appear at Easter or perhaps next year at Halloween.  We shall see how this village goes over.

Candy Corn House

WOW!

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

I am free, I tell you free, of working with yarn for a while.  I finished my afghan this morning, got pictures and hope to get it into the mail this week.

Could come one please tell me how I can post a link without the picture showing up?  

Oh well off to my next project.

awesome!!!

...and what is your next project??

Here's the baby blanket I made to add to the pile. It's 29 by 33 inches...and barely put a dent in my stash🤣. Next one will be bigger...but I am planning to make a  shawl/wrap for a good friend. I think that's next.

20200924_120816.jpg

20200924_121054.jpg

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.