****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.

judianne

This isn't a gift...thought it IS for me...lol.

My quarantine blanket, using up odds and ends. It measures 48 by 66.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail.jpeg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 5

That is amazing.  There really aren't words coming from a woman who finds it next to impossible to get squares even close to the same size let alone the patience to crochet and sew them all together.  Beautiful work!!!

Wow that is beautiful.  You should put a tag on it so everyone knows it is your quarantine blanket and made in 2020.

Love the colors and the outlines.  I would have nightmares sewing that together.

• Like 1

Hi peeps.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:25 PM, Bailey4 said:

That is amazing.  There really aren't words coming from a woman who finds it next to impossible to get squares even close to the same size let alone the patience to crochet and sew them all together.  Beautiful work!!!

Thanks! I DID have to frog a couple - then I was careful to use a square as a template, and change hook sizes as needed. I kind of got lost in the project....

On 8/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, Bailey4 said:

What's a kid's castle without a dragon?

Dragon finger puppet

So cute! I can imagine the look on the kids face as they open their gift!

23 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

Wow that is beautiful.  You should put a tag on it so everyone knows it is your quarantine blanket and made in 2020.

Love the colors and the outlines.  I would have nightmares sewing that together.

I love making a picture frame look and I had a lot of fun playing with the colors. I like your idea about labeling the blanket also.  I should get some fabric and indelible marker and sew a label on it! Or maybe embroider the info on fabric. Hmmm....time to visit Hobby Lobby😍

3 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

A knight to go with the dragon puppet.  I had hoped to finish this for a bday but now that it is being moved to Christmas I'm putting it aside to finish the stuff I need for October bday and Halloween.  I have some fun puppets to come back to when I'm done with October.

Knight Finger Puppet

That's nice too! How do your hands hold up? I may have asked you this before.  

I'm making a graph ghan - praying hands - and if I work on it too long my hands feel it till the next day...

Have  good evening ladies!

On 8/11/2020 at 6:25 AM, judianne said:

This isn't a gift...thought it IS for me...lol.

My quarantine blanket, using up odds and ends. It measures 48 by 66.

Wow! Look at all those beautiful squares. I'd call it "Time to Reflect" afghan.

Hi peeps...

On 8/13/2020 at 11:42 AM, Bailey4 said:

Make Way for Ducklings Jack

I will confess when I started this project I'd forgotten there were 8 ducklings.  I'd envisioned maybe 5 or 6 but in fact there are 8 and the names are alphabetical starting from J.

UH-OH🤣

...but so cute! I love how you put the themed critter with books💕

On 8/13/2020 at 1:44 PM, ReniC said:

Wow! Look at all those beautiful squares. I'd call it "Time to Reflect" afghan.

I Like that name!

On 8/14/2020 at 1:57 PM, Bailey4 said:

Still alternating between Oct birthday and Halloween projects to meet shipping deadlines.

Ghost Hand Puppet

I'd love to see what your craft space looks like...lol!

Here are a few new hats I crocheted recently for Warmth for Warriors. I used a new method on the brim of crocheting all FPDC. The pattern and details can be found here if anyone wants to make the hat. Works up quickly and the new brim tightens up nicely for a good fit.

FPDC Hat

Brown FPDC hat

• Like 4

I wanted some Halloween decorations for me so I started with another 8" Baby Doll.

Halloween Kitty Pumpkin

My yarn arrived today to try out the mug rugs from Annie's mug rugs in their new Spooktackular leaflet.  I'm hoping to turn them into hot pads as I've a collection of holiday hot pads.  Not sure I really need mug rugs.

• Like 3

MINI CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS pattern?

I just came  across Christmas Stocking crochet pattern. This one is crocheted in ONE PIECE :). That is why that pattern caught my eye.

That pattern it is not for a Mini Stocking. But,  it is using double strand of yarn. That is why I think could be very easy made to a much smaller size using one strand of yarn. If that would not work out to be small enough (Mini) I think that could be easy adjusted to make that a Mini stocking. 

Krys

NOT MY PICTURE!

image.png.b3ccb4630c4f18478084d0cc852a9341.png

• Like 2

People are really busy.  The Halloween Doll is adorable and the stockings, love the idea that they are all one. Can't forget the hats.

Working on Mr. & Mrs Claus in thread.  Going slow.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RecycleCindy said:

@Bailey4 What a wonderful bunch of Halloween cutie items! I checked out your blog links and am amazed at all the things you have gotten finished up already for the upcoming holidays.

Helps keep me distracted from all that is going on. :yes

• judianne changed the title to ****CLOSED****A place to encourage each other in 2020 as we make gifts or charity items.